The Student Room Group

English language paper 2 question 2 aqa

hey guys was doing some practise and just wanted to know whether this paragraph is okay for it or not.

here's the question
Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 11.09.48.png
When looking at companions that are in both source A and source B they are very different. In source A the companion is both egocentric and careless during the journey, and this is clear when the writer explains how Simon let “me slider faster than I expected and despite my cries of alarm and pain he had kept on descending.” Simon only cares about himself and is eager to get down the mountain regardless of Joe. He’s, absolutely, uncaring given that he hardly cares about Joe or how he has “cries of alarm and pain” and only mainly focuses on himself getting down the mountain. However, the companion at source B is completely the opposite to source A. The companion at source B is very caring. It illustrated how Marius “literally pulled me up like a parcel”. From this quote, Marius is very caring as he doesn’t want to be the only person getting down the mountain and has put his life at risk to protect others of how “always went ahead.” He’s also determined to protect Gertude even if it means to pull him “like a parcel.” It suggests how Gertrude and Marius would protect him and go down the mountain together.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

please could you perhaps upload the paper or send it me ? x
Original post by avengersendgame
hey guys was doing some practise and just wanted to know whether this paragraph is okay for it or not.

here's the question
When looking at companions that are in both source A and source B they are very different. In source A the companion is both egocentric and careless during the journey, and this is clear when the writer explains how Simon let “me slider faster than I expected and despite my cries of alarm and pain he had kept on descending.” Simon only cares about himself and is eager to get down the mountain regardless of Joe. He’s, absolutely, uncaring given that he hardly cares about Joe or how he has “cries of alarm and pain” and only mainly focuses on himself getting down the mountain. However, the companion at source B is completely the opposite to source A. The companion at source B is very caring. It illustrated how Marius “literally pulled me up like a parcel”. From this quote, Marius is very caring as he doesn’t want to be the only person getting down the mountain and has put his life at risk to protect others of how “always went ahead.” He’s also determined to protect Gertude even if it means to pull him “like a parcel.” It suggests how Gertrude and Marius would protect him and go down the mountain together.

Is this the June 2020 aqa
Original post by STUDENTYR114EVER
Is this the June 2020 aqa

yh
yh

Is it not the november 2020
Is it not the november 2020

yh
yh

Is it the november 2020 or June 2020
Is it the november 2020 or June 2020

i think nov 2020 as that paper was meant for jun 2020 but it got cancelled so used for nov 2020
i think nov 2020 as that paper was meant for jun 2020 but it got cancelled so used for nov 2020

So there isnt an official June 2020 aqa paper 2 exam
because i know the silk factory was june 2020 paper 1

Do you know what the question 5 for this was
WE're doing the June 2020 aqa at school
So there isnt an official June 2020 aqa paper 2 exam
because i know the silk factory was june 2020 paper 1

im stressed -does anyone know

here's the question

I think you could improve it by displaying what techniques have been used. For example. The noun "cries " and the simile "like a parcel".
That would push your marks up by at least 1 I'd assume.
Do you happen to have the extracts that go with this question?
yh

do you have paper 1 by any chance ?
Original post by nayl_ahmed
I think you could improve it by displaying what techniques have been used. For example. The noun "cries " and the simile "like a parcel".
That would push your marks up by at least 1 I'd assume.
Do you happen to have the extracts that go with this question?

Surely not. I was under the impression that this question has nothing to do with terminology; it's simply asking to write a summary of differences about the characters themselves and what you understand about them, not the methods or how they are conveyed because that would practically be a replica of question 4??
Reply 14
Do you have another paragraph so i can fully analyse it, thanks
Reply 15
Original post by uwmwu x
Do you have another paragraph so i can fully analyse it, thanks

the extracts are on student TSR, search for english language paper 2 q4 and u'll find the extracts.
Hi, I can't find the extract for Jun/Nov 2020 Paper 2.
Can you pm them to me or snap me at jgoodrickgreen because that would be so so helpful?
Reply 17
Original post by jgoodrickgreen16
Hi, I can't find the extract for Jun/Nov 2020 Paper 2.
Can you pm them to me or snap me at jgoodrickgreen because that would be so so helpful?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=94948516&highlight=touching%20the%20void

there you go.
By any chance do you have question 5 as well, I would really appreciate if you do
Original post by Karimib016
By any chance do you have question 5 as well, I would really appreciate if you do

This is just the question paper, Q5 at the back x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending