The Student Room Group

are they releasing both 19 and 20 papers in easter for a level

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ranger33
Nope, I've seen the Additional Assessment Material for Edexcel A level Maths and they're only from set papers, 2018-2020. That's it. Nothing new. There is an editable word document and a PDF. Also with a different document that contains the ms of the topic test (you have topics from 1-10, pure and stats/mechanics) and a mapping grid

so will it be the same for other subjects under edexcel from current spec past paper questions e.g 2018 and forward like A level chemistry edexcel will it be the same
Original post by Jack346
so will it be the same for other subjects under edexcel from current spec past paper questions e.g 2018 and forward like A level chemistry edexcel will it be the same

Yes I will expect them to be questions from material for the current spec. I suspect the only case when they will use questions from old spec if the first assessment for the current spec is like 2019
Hi all,
AQA and OCR have said that they will keep all their 2019 and 2020 papers locked and will not make them public.

Edexcel have now said they are waiting for further confirmation from the senior team and JCQ to ensure all boards are doing the same thing
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Hi all,
AQA and OCR have said that they will keep all their 2019 and 2020 papers locked and will not make them public.

Edexcel have now said they are waiting for further confirmation from the senior team and JCQ to ensure all boards are doing the same thing

Do you have a source or sources for this. It would be useful to see exactly what has been said.

For instance it's consistent with what Edexcel have said so far that the 2019 and 2020 Papers will remain locked, but many, if not all, of the questions will be available as part of the assessment material. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, just that (I think) it's consistent with statements so far.

Also, as I understand it, and just to add to the confusion - the "government"/Ofqual/JCQ/someone official has stated that any assessment material should be made available to students outside any school-based assessment.

Good luck to everyone involved in setting and sitting assessment this summer.
Original post by Surfer Rosa
Do you have a source or sources for this. It would be useful to see exactly what has been said.

For instance it's consistent with what Edexcel have said so far that the 2019 and 2020 Papers will remain locked, but many, if not all, of the questions will be available as part of the assessment material. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, just that (I think) it's consistent with statements so far.

Also, as I understand it, and just to add to the confusion - the "government"/Ofqual/JCQ/someone official has stated that any assessment material should be made available to students outside any school-based assessment.

Good luck to everyone involved in setting and sitting assessment this summer.

This is the tweet from AQA saying that 2019 and 2020 papers will be kept locked - https://twitter.com/AQA/status/1379422143226724354

All the exam boards will have to do the same thing otherwise there will be an obvious disadvantage if one exam board decides to keep papers locked whilst the others make them publicly available.
Also, there have been several complaints about the additional assessment material and how it is just mainly questions from june 2019, autumn 2020 and locked specimen papers, nothing new at all.
I guess some schools intended on using the additional assessment material solely as the main piece of evidence however apparently some guidance on the JCQ has suggested for teachers to use the additional assessment material as a means of generating further evidence or to validate an assessment or mock exam that was done beforehand.

My school are doing mocks first and then the additional assessment material in May although the maths department have made it clear that they will only use it to generate further evidence to support the grade they put forward. In the science a-levels (bio, chemistry and physics), head of science has made it clear that all students will sit the additional assessment material and it will be adapted to mimic the style of an end of topic/unit test.
Maths Emporium tweeted:

*Assessment Materials Update* Pearson Edexcel have confirmed that the ONLY materials to be unlocked to students on 19 April will be the additional assessment materials released last week. ALL past paper content and mark schemes will stay LOCKED!!! Thank goodness!

It's perhaps worth noting that this is potentially (very) misleading:

(1) 2018 is publicly available, and will obviously remain so

More to the point:

(2) 2019 and 2020 past paper questions are being released as part of the AAMs, just not as whole papers

So 2019 and 2020 Past Papers and MSs will remain locked as whole papers

BUT...

some, possibly even all, 2019 and 2020 Past Paper questions will be unlocked to students on 19th April, only they'll be arranged in "Questions By Topic" style
Original post by CurryCurry2468
This is the tweet from AQA saying that 2019 and 2020 papers will be kept locked - https://twitter.com/AQA/status/1379422143226724354

All the exam boards will have to do the same thing otherwise there will be an obvious disadvantage if one exam board decides to keep papers locked whilst the others make them publicly available.
Also, there have been several complaints about the additional assessment material and how it is just mainly questions from june 2019, autumn 2020 and locked specimen papers, nothing new at all.
I guess some schools intended on using the additional assessment material solely as the main piece of evidence however apparently some guidance on the JCQ has suggested for teachers to use the additional assessment material as a means of generating further evidence or to validate an assessment or mock exam that was done beforehand.

My school are doing mocks first and then the additional assessment material in May although the maths department have made it clear that they will only use it to generate further evidence to support the grade they put forward. In the science a-levels (bio, chemistry and physics), head of science has made it clear that all students will sit the additional assessment material and it will be adapted to mimic the style of an end of topic/unit test.

Original post by Unknown1232003
The mini exams are gonna be released on 19th april. Guys please dont waste your money.

Other stuff will remain locked according to Edexcel Maths team
Original post by Muttley79
Other stuff will remain locked according to Edexcel Maths team

Yes but I'm not going to encourage people to buy or sell them because they're only supposed to be available to teachers and nobody should be getting an unfair advantage over others...
Yes but I'm not going to encourage people to buy or sell them because they're only supposed to be available to teachers and nobody should be getting an unfair advantage over others...

I hope the people who bought the papers get extremely high grades
I hope the people who bought the papers get extremely high grades

I hope that their teachers change their mind and end up not using the 2019/20 papers so they learn a lesson!
I hope

They won't because teachers need a range of evidence and they won't have that - besides it's obvious when students cheat.

Cheats won't prosper because they are easy to spot
I hope that their teachers change their mind and end up not using the 2019/20 papers so they learn a lesson!

I'm afraid a lot of teachers have already or are going are to use them. Fair play to them if they do so!
Reply 74
I'm afraid a lot of teachers have already or are going are to use them. Fair play to them if they do so!

There’s not much else to use other than 2019/2020 papers though
Reply 75
They might as well just make them public now, alot of people already have an unfair advantage anyway cos the 2019/2020 are legit being sold everywhere.

That’s so annoying , literally anyone can cheat. What’s the point ahhh
htf do i delete this post , i keep getting ****ing notifications jeez
Original post by undodostres
htf do i delete this post , i keep getting ****ing notifications jeez

Just press un-watch thats under the title of the thread
Reply 78
@Muttley79 you mentioned that sensible schools won't use the 2019 and 2020 papers. Which alternative would you suggest?
All other papers are publicly available.
Original post by rhaenna
@Muttley79 you mentioned that sensible schools won't use the 2019 and 2020 papers. Which alternative would you suggest?
All other papers are publicly available.

I'm not going to say what we are doing ... remember it's a basket of evidence and there is other locked material.

Quick Reply

Latest