The Student Room Group

Why did he do this?

This guy I "befriended" around november. he used to go to school with me, and i opened up to him (stupid) about my MH struggles. he sounded kiond, considerate, and sounde liek he could be a mate.

We would often talk, and often like two male teenagers, about girls. i've finally put it together. a total of 3 girls who i had talkeda bout with him, who i then later messaged, blocked me. the third one was the other day: he asked me if i liked this girl or found her attractive, i said yes, but he told me not to message her "cos she was taken". i had already sent a message by this point, and she added me back, and she said stuff about the boy being weird, and that she wasn't taken. then she blocked me, i asked the boy why, he started saying that it was because she didn';t like him, said all this stuff and made up excuses for whuy he had just screenshotted our conversation. Seriously, I don't get what this person was trying to get out of this? By making me look an absolute idiot, by screwing up possible relationships for me? He also leaked some trusted information i sent him in the strictest confidence - but i justified to myself why he did this and so continued until the other day. Worst thing is he won't even be honest with me, and i dont get it because he seemed like he was alright, nice even. I'm struggling to come to terms with why he would do this? I feel like a massive idiot

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i genuinely feel like your friendship seems toxic? i think that this person feels jealous maybe and the fact that he leaked private info is weird of a 'good friend' to do
btw you shouldn't feel like an idiot because i embarrass myself every day :smile:
if i were you i think i would think about ending any ties to this guy and moving on - but its totally up to you at the end of the day
i guess the best thing to do right now is take it as a learning experience and be more cautious next time but i feel bad that you need to be wary of new friendships because of this guy
maybe reach out to one of the girls and try get an explanation? as a girl id probably be more willing to explain myself if i was approached nicely etc
im so useless so that probably wasn't much help but it seems like your a nice person so i feel bad that you were treated like that
Reply 2
Original post by fab2021
i genuinely feel like your friendship seems toxic? i think that this person feels jealous maybe and the fact that he leaked private info is weird of a 'good friend' to do
btw you shouldn't feel like an idiot because i embarrass myself every day :smile:
if i were you i think i would think about ending any ties to this guy and moving on - but its totally up to you at the end of the day
i guess the best thing to do right now is take it as a learning experience and be more cautious next time but i feel bad that you need to be wary of new friendships because of this guy
maybe reach out to one of the girls and try get an explanation? as a girl id probably be more willing to explain myself if i was approached nicely etc
im so useless so that probably wasn't much help but it seems like your a nice person so i feel bad that you were treated like that

Yeah its toxic i've removed him now, he's not jealous of me, tbh its the other wya round, he would always try and make me jealous of all the stuff he was doing with some girl

I can't really reach out to any of the girls, they've blocked me even though all i really ddi was say "hi" or stuff. I'm definitionly going to be more careful but who i trust though
Reply 3
you seem like a down to earth person and so i wouldn't be jealous of someone like that, especially who has that type of personality
although, what are you jealous of? is it something you can fix?

and talking abt the girls, this is probably gonna sound really cliche and i can't believe im saying this but 'there are plenty of fish in the sea' lmao - i wouldn't be too disheartened
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah its toxic i've removed him now, he's not jealous of me, tbh its the other wya round, he would always try and make me jealous of all the stuff he was doing with some girl

I can't really reach out to any of the girls, they've blocked me even though all i really ddi was say "hi" or stuff. I'm definitionly going to be more careful but who i trust though

i forgot to mention that its good you've removed him too
Reply 5
Original post by fab2021
you seem like a down to earth person and so i wouldn't be jealous of someone like that, especially who has that type of personality
although, what are you jealous of? is it something you can fix?

and talking abt the girls, this is probably gonna sound really cliche and i can't believe im saying this but 'there are plenty of fish in the sea' lmao - i wouldn't be too disheartened

Idk mostly cos I’m v self conscious about being a virgin and struggle with girls and he was playing on that in a way I just don’t get why he would be toxic he didn’t seem the type
Reply 6
Idk mostly cos I’m v self conscious about being a virgin and struggle with girls and he was playing on that in a way I just don’t get why he would be toxic he didn’t seem the type

i have no idea why he would make u feel that way only to pretend to be your friend - sometimes manipulative people get off making others feel insecure
Reply 7
Maybe, maybe you’re right only reason I can think, it’s horrible especially for me cos I’ve had trouble trusting people for a long time coz all the people I’ve trusted usually end up stabbing me in the back so
I dunno man, but maybe be more considerate as to who you tell what?
Everything is a learning experience friend.
Reply 9
Maybe, maybe you’re right only reason I can think, it’s horrible especially for me cos I’ve had trouble trusting people for a long time coz all the people I’ve trusted usually end up stabbing me in the back so

i feel really bad that you've even had to go through this, but i think that its something you can definitely get through
i have only a few good friends, but still feel lonely and betrayed by some of the stuff they've done to me - even if they didn't think it was serious
i think that maybe surrounding yourself with positive and genuinely kind people is something you could try? but its totally up to you how you wanna deal with this
This guy I "befriended" around november. he used to go to school with me, and i opened up to him (stupid) about my MH struggles. he sounded kiond, considerate, and sounde liek he could be a mate.

We would often talk, and often like two male teenagers, about girls. i've finally put it together. a total of 3 girls who i had talkeda bout with him, who i then later messaged, blocked me. the third one was the other day: he asked me if i liked this girl or found her attractive, i said yes, but he told me not to message her "cos she was taken". i had already sent a message by this point, and she added me back, and she said stuff about the boy being weird, and that she wasn't taken. then she blocked me, i asked the boy why, he started saying that it was because she didn';t like him, said all this stuff and made up excuses for whuy he had just screenshotted our conversation. Seriously, I don't get what this person was trying to get out of this? By making me look an absolute idiot, by screwing up possible relationships for me? He also leaked some trusted information i sent him in the strictest confidence - but i justified to myself why he did this and so continued until the other day. Worst thing is he won't even be honest with me, and i dont get it because he seemed like he was alright, nice even. I'm struggling to come to terms with why he would do this? I feel like a massive idiot

'shes taken' is probably the cringest word around
Original post by fab2021
i feel really bad that you've even had to go through this, but i thinkY that its something you can definitely get through
i have only a few good friends, but still feel lonely and betrayed by some of the stuff they've done to me - even if they didn't think it was serious
i think that maybe surrounding yourself with positive and genuinely kind people is something you could try? but its totally up to you how you wanna deal with this

Yeah its hard. I actually found out today he's made a FOURTH person block me - this guy i used to work with who he also knew. I'm so angry with him. It's also a tough enoughj time already because i have pretty bad depression, i've been kind of friends with my ex but ever since meeting a new friend she doesn't really want to meet anymore.
Reply 12
Yeah its hard. I actually found out today he's made a FOURTH person block me - this guy i used to work with who he also knew. I'm so angry with him. It's also a tough enoughj time already because i have pretty bad depression, i've been kind of friends with my ex but ever since meeting a new friend she doesn't really want to meet anymore.

I've never been through anything remotely like this though and that's so annoying that another person has blocked you
you might want to try reach out to someone he may be talking to that hasn't already blocked you, or someone that might be able to talk to this guy and like figure out what he's saying about you
i think the best thing to do abt your ex is to probably explicitly explain that you just want to be friends, incase she thinks otherwise and that's why she's being distant?
overall though focus on your mental health coz that's most important
if you go to school with any one causing you stress etc try do things that might distract you from that

He's probably jealous, and you should definitely stop talking to him.

He's plainly sabotaging your chances of talking to females, and worst thing is you're telling him all of this, and so he's went and ruined every chance you had.

So don't talk to him anymore, or if you do don't mention anything about females, just don't respond, no matter what it's about. You can't trust people like that.

Just keep yourself to yourself from now on, it causes less problems, trust me.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
He's probably jealous, and you should definitely stop talking to him.

He's plainly sabotaging your chances of talking to females, and worst thing is you're telling him all of this, and so he's went and ruined every chance you had.

So don't talk to him anymore, or if you do don't mention anything about females, just don't respond, no matter what it's about. You can't trust people like that.

Just keep yourself to yourself from now on, it causes less problems, trust me.

Original post by fab2021
I've never been through anything remotely like this though and that's so annoying that another person has blocked you
you might want to try reach out to someone he may be talking to that hasn't already blocked you, or someone that might be able to talk to this guy and like figure out what he's saying about you
i think the best thing to do abt your ex is to probably explicitly explain that you just want to be friends, incase she thinks otherwise and that's why she's being distant?
overall though focus on your mental health coz that's most important
if you go to school with any one causing you stress etc try do things that might distract you from that

Yeah I've blocked him now so dw he can't do any more damage.
As for my ex, yeah she knows i want to be friends. she claims her mum doesn't want me to see her cos she found out we were drinking when we going out together and she didn't approve. however she only mentioned this recently before she never mentioned it so idl.
Reply 15
Yeah I've blocked him now so dw he can't do any more damage.
As for my ex, yeah she knows i want to be friends. she claims her mum doesn't want me to see her cos she found out we were drinking when we going out together and she didn't approve. however she only mentioned this recently before she never mentioned it so

if u believe her reasoning then okay but if u find it a lil suspicious maybe just next time try talking to girls that have no contact with this guy who likes sabotaging u so much
i guess then you've got better chances since they have no idea who he is and coz u won't tell him like before he can't ruin it
i mean it seems like your alright with girls (since you've actually got an ex etc) and stuff and your 'friend' was the issue so i defo think things should look up there
Original post by fab2021
if u believe her reasoning then okay but if u find it a lil suspicious maybe just next time try talking to girls that have no contact with this guy who likes sabotaging u so much
i guess then you've got better chances since they have no idea who he is and coz u won't tell him like before he can't ruin it
i mean it seems like your alright with girls (since you've actually got an ex etc) and stuff and your 'friend' was the issue so i defo think things should look up there

my ex has no contact with this guy - sorry not sure if i made this clear
Well, i'm not sure if im alright lol, she's my one and only ex, and it was only summer last year (and im 18 in a few days lol), still a virgin and our relaitonship barely even lasted 2 months
Reply 17
my ex has no contact with this guy - sorry not sure if i made this clear
Well, i'm not sure if im alright lol, she's my one and only ex, and it was only summer last year (and im 18 in a few days lol), still a virgin and our relaitonship barely even lasted 2 months

lol well happy early birthday
tbh i think that you should think abt just starting fresh and not dwelling on things
i think you'll feel a lot more fulfilled and secure if everything is just 'new' you know?
and don't stress abt being a virgin - it'll happen eventually and its not something u ned to bring up etc so u don't need to feel embarrassed abt it either
i mean im a little younger but only one of my friends isn't a virgin so i hope that comforts u lol
Original post by fab2021
lol well happy early birthday
tbh i think that you should think abt just starting fresh and not dwelling on things
i think you'll feel a lot more fulfilled and secure if everything is just 'new' you know?
and don't stress abt being a virgin - it'll happen eventually and its not something u ned to bring up etc so u don't need to feel embarrassed abt it either
i mean im a little younger but only one of my friends isn't a virgin so i hope that comforts u lol

thank you, yeah i want to start afresh but it's hard idk where to start re making friends
Reply 19
thank you, yeah i want to start afresh but it's hard idk where to start re making friends

you could try going online - join new clubs that your current 'friends' don't go to or in areas in school that u wouldn't normally hang out etc
i think you mentioned that u had a job, you could try volunteer etc
i think u should go back to school after half term like a new 'you' to make it fun - change up your aesthetic/style etc, get a new hair cut anything you want :smile: just to try show to this guy that youre not affected by him anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending