The Student Room Group

St George's A101 2021 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

anyone else have a heart attack courtesy of admissions’ latest email
Original post by neenas
anyone else have a heart attack courtesy of admissions’ latest email

Haha I did a little, mainly cause I opened it so quickly I didn’t see who it was from. I thought one of my other options had got back to me with a decision.
Original post by JSTLjack
Haha I did a little, mainly cause I opened it so quickly I didn’t see who it was from. I thought one of my other options had got back to me with a decision.

i saw the word ‘unsuccessful’ and thought they changed their mind 😭
Original post by jd_97
Well if you're based in London already why don't you invite all of us down for a house party/introduction session? 👀😂😂

hahah what in my family home?? reckon there'd be a bit of an issue with that 😂😂
Hey people! Just wondering if any of you knew when the deadline to reply to the offer is?
Original post by BigBlueBoy
Hey people! Just wondering if any of you knew when the deadline to reply to the offer is?

Hi @BigBlueBoy

When you go onto Track to see all of your decisions, it should tell you on there when the deadline to reply to your offers is.

Best wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Hello!

Wondering if anyone here is an elder, like myself (aka over thirty). I'm very excited to collaborate with and learn from all of my classmates, but I would love to know if there are others with kids, former careers, etc. to commiserate with.

If not, I'm happy to bring cookies and hear about weekend antics from y'all :wink:.
Original post by sjanehopkins
Hello!

Wondering if anyone here is an elder, like myself (aka over thirty). I'm very excited to collaborate with and learn from all of my classmates, but I would love to know if there are others with kids, former careers, etc. to commiserate with.

If not, I'm happy to bring cookies and hear about weekend antics from y'all :wink:.

Hey, firstly congrats! I'm not over 30 but equally not just out of uni! Have had a career before coming into medicine though! The beauty of GEM is definitely the diversity of backgrounds, careers & experiences.
If I'm at George's definitely look forward to meeting you 😁
Reply 88
Hi all, I have just firmed George's and will be joining you September! I finished my PhD last year in chemistry (I'm 27) and am currently working as a post-doc on SARS-CoV-2 transmission in hospitals. Just working out finances and accommodation which seem daunting. Would be keen to meet any other offer holders when the time is right.
Reply 89
Hi guys,

I'm also 27, worked in clinical trials after uni and more recently as PCR scientist for Covid testing. If I firm St George's I'll be relocating from Manchester with my partner. Would also be up for meeting other offer holders when we get the opportunity! Would love to hear about everyone's backgrounds 👍
Has anyone managed to email SGUL with a question lately and receive a response? I emailed [email protected] 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago, but so far, nothing. Should I be using a different email address? Or do you just recommend calling?

Many thanks!
Original post by sjanehopkins
Has anyone managed to email SGUL with a question lately and receive a response? I emailed [email protected] 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago, but so far, nothing. Should I be using a different email address? Or do you just recommend calling?

Many thanks!

Hey, definitely give them a call - I got no response to emails sent a week ago, gave them a call this morning and it was answered (very helpfully) there and then!
Hi Guys, just thinking about accommodation, is anyone else interested in a potential house share or even sorted their accommodation already?

I don't think i fancy halls again!
Original post by MajorossySeb
Hi Guys, just thinking about accommodation, is anyone else interested in a potential house share or even sorted their accommodation already?

I don't think i fancy halls again!

Think I prefer th sound of a shared flat, rather than halls. If you sign up for halls, is there any guarantee that you get put with other grads?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by jmdwilliams96
Think I prefer th sound of a shared flat, rather than halls. If you sign up for halls, is there any guarantee that you get put with other grads?

They said on the open day that they out graduates in the same block :smile:
Reply 95
Hi all! I’m in a bit of a pickle!!

Admissions haven’t emailed me (or they have but I haven’t received it) any instructions to meet the OH and DBS requirements. They took 2 weeks to respond when I enquired about this and responded without providing the details I was missing. I’ve emailed them back requesting for the info again, but I am worried that the deadline is looming and their response time will mean that I will miss the deadline!

Hoping someone can help me out with this! If you can tell me what I need to do, send any forms I need to complete etc - I can sort it out without waiting for the email that they’re sitting on!! Or at least I can make a start on it!!

Thanks in advance! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Gaucat
Hi all! I’m in a bit of a pickle!!

Admissions haven’t emailed me (or they have but I haven’t received it) any instructions to meet the OH and DBS requirements. They took 2 weeks to respond when I enquired about this and responded without providing the details I was missing. I’ve emailed them back requesting for the info again, but I am worried that the deadline is looming and their response time will mean that I will miss the deadline!

Hoping someone can help me out with this! If you can tell me what I need to do, send any forms I need to complete etc - I can sort it out without waiting for the email that they’re sitting on!! Or at least I can make a start on it!!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

If you log into the portal where you booked your interview, you will see two links to the instructions for the DBS and OH requirements.
Reply 97
Original post by JSTLjack
If you log into the portal where you booked your interview, you will see two links to the instructions for the DBS and OH requirements.

Cheers! Much appreciated :smile:
Anyone else sent their DBS and health form and not had the portal status change? Still says required for both but I got my DBS sent a month ago, and the form I sent last week.
Reply 99
Original post by neenas
Anyone else sent their DBS and health form and not had the portal status change? Still says required for both but I got my DBS sent a month ago, and the form I sent last week.

I think they will update this in bulk once the deadline has passed. I am sure it will be all good :smile:! Admissions take a while to get back to us at the best of times lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending