they are all idiots anyway
tory / looney lol

Right again!
Original post by Starship Trooper
Right again!

are you being sacastic its online so cant tell
Original post by cakes are nice9
are you being sacastic its online so cant tell

Nope being 100% genuine 🙂 most politicians are corrupt and useless as you say.

Politics is a waste of time for 95% of people. Focus on improving yourself. Also if you're a woman esp don't worry about politics: worry about getting a husband and kids before you get old and if you have them already worry about them.

Whilst I'm personally fascinated by politics I partly wish I'd have done something useful like a STEM degree or equivalent that I could use in my day to day life..
Reply 6
Original post by cakes are nice9
they are all idiots anyway
tory / looney lol

Correct, don't vote.

No worry no cry.
pathetic people get upset at apathy
If you have voted I feel you have more legitimacy in complaining about the policies, actions and behaviours of our elected representatives. Even if it for the person and/or party you dislike the least.
Original post by barnet1471
If you have voted I feel you have more legitimacy in complaining about the policies, actions and behaviours of our elected representatives. Even if it for the person and/or party you dislike the least.

I also agree with this sentiment
Politics is a waste of time for 95% of people. Focus on improving yourself. Also if you're a woman esp don't worry about politics: worry about getting a husband and kids before you get old and if you have them already worry about them.

Yikes dude.
Reply 11
i didn't know people were judged that harshly for not voting, but if that's the case i would suppose it's because not voting is voting for the other side. so if you're a Labour supporter, for instance, and you can't be arsed to vote then you're giving the Conservative party one more vote they don't need to beat.

another issue is if enough people don't vote, you're allowing the minority of citizens to make decisions for the majority. like, can you imagine if only 30 percent of the population voted in the Brexit referendum? that 30 percent has now made a massive decision for 100 percent of the population.

also, sometimes elections/referendums are won by a small majority (look at Brexit) so every vote counts. had more voters turned out it's arguable the vote could've gone the other way.

last thing i can think of atm is it annoys people that everyone likes to complain about the government and policy outcomes, regardless if they have voted or not. voters then think non-voters don't have that right to complain when they're the ones who helped put that government into office.
Sunk cost fallacy. Just people thought it was worth dying to overthrow tyranny, doesn't mean you have to agree.

But seriously, even though we're very far away from tyranny, you can see that even a small state government will bring in 'emergency' powers to justify greater control over us. Everyone always thoughtfully voting would go a long way to keeping politicians accountable to the people, instead of jsut their own party politics.
Also if you're a woman esp don't worry about politics: worry about getting a husband and kids before you get old and if you have them already worry about them.

Here we observe a time traveller from the 19th Century struggling to adapt to the modern world.
Original post by Contested Claim
Here we observe a time traveller from the 19th Century struggling to adapt to the modern world.

Here we observe a liberal from the 21st century struggling to adapt to reality.
Here we observe a liberal from the 21st century struggling to adapt to reality.

I'm curious, do you have a wife? Do you have children?
Some people make politics their lives, so not participating in voting is like saying you don't want to partake in their soul personality trait -- and therefore a sense of rejection of that persons main interest which makes them angry.
Original post by SHallowvale
I'm curious, do you have a wife? Do you have children?

We've already gone through this. No. And I shouldn't be allowed to vote either .
We've already gone through this. No. And I shouldn't be allowed to vote either .

So why are you so active on this forum and concerning yourself so much with politics?

Take your own advice, don't worry about politics. Worry about getting a wife and kids before you get old and if you have them already worry about them. :wink:
Original post by SHallowvale
So why are you so active on this forum and concerning yourself so much with politics?

Take your own advice, don't worry about politics. Worry about getting a wife and kids before you get old and if you have them already worry about them. :wink:

Heh, you're not entirely wrong tbf. And when this stupid lockdown etc is over I shall endeavour to do just that.

But in my defense this thread was, judging by the "women died" comment in the OP addressed to women. It's less damaging for men to waste their early years on politics than it is for women as women have a narrow gap to have children and most successful men will not be interested in older women. Men in comparison get (if they look after themselves) get better looking and more successful when theyre more mature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending