The Student Room Group

HMRC HO/O Compliance Caseworker Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laguerita
Hi, I applied for the campaign which ended 23 Feb, was invited to interview about 3 and a half weeks ago and had my interview yesterday. The job advert said there were 30 positions available. Perhaps they're seeing how many people they place from this campaign before the send out invites for the later campaigns

Unless it's an identical role then the campaigns are separate. HO FLM / HO Generic CW / HO C&P CW, they're all different.
Hi, I applied for the campaign which ended 23 Feb, was invited to interview about 3 and a half weeks ago and had my interview yesterday. The job advert said there were 30 positions available. Perhaps they're seeing how many people they place from this campaign before the send out invites for the later campaigns

I had my interview for the HO position on Tuesday too! I think this is possibly the last week of interviews for the end of February applications. Not sure how many people were interviewed for each location but hopefully we hear back soon! 🤞🏽
Original post by GlasgowGirl10
I had my interview for the HO position on Tuesday too! I think this is possibly the last week of interviews for the end of February applications. Not sure how many people were interviewed for each location but hopefully we hear back soon! 🤞🏽

I actually asked of they knew when we might hear by and they said they had interviews all next week too, so it would likely be 3 weeks minimum. Fingers crossed for us both!
I actually asked of they knew when we might hear by and they said they had interviews all next week too, so it would likely be 3 weeks minimum. Fingers crossed for us both!

I did ask too but they told me they didn’t know unfortunately. At least we can forget about it for the next while.. I’m just glad the interview is over! Best of luck 😄🤞🏽
Original post by GlasgowGirl10
I did ask too but they told me they didn’t know unfortunately. At least we can forget about it for the next while.. I’m just glad the interview is over! Best of luck 😄🤞🏽

You too! Hopefully it won't be too long
Reply 25
I also had interview on 7th April, Tuesday for HO compliance officer position and when I asked about when I will get the outcome of the interview they replied on 8th of April there would be last interviews and they will disclose the outcome at end of April.

So fingers crossed!
Original post by Abc2021
I also had interview on 7th April, Tuesday for HO compliance officer position and when I asked about when I will get the outcome of the interview they replied on 8th of April there would be last interviews and they will disclose the outcome at end of April.

So fingers crossed!

Thank you. Good luck
I recently had an interview and I was wondering, how can we tell if it went well? I had a lot of back and forth in the strengths questions and my own questions to them. The behaviours was more me talking and only two follow-up questions, does this mean I did not so bad?

I think there are two more weeks of interviews though, so does this mean I wouldn't find out for another three/four weeks what my result is?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SkanPad
I recently had an interview and I was wondering, how can we tell if it went well? I had a lot of back and forth in the strengths questions and my own questions to them. The behaviours was more me talking and only two follow-up questions, does this mean I did not so bad?

I think there are two more weeks of interviews though, so does this mean I wouldn't find out for another three/four weeks what my result is?

I'm not expecting to hear back until the end of the month at least, so I'm just putting it out of my head until then.

Not sure it's really possible to say until you receive your feedback. I was the exact opposite - I had no follow up questions at all for strengths or behaviours. They asked the question and I gave my answer, they said they had no follow ups and moved on to the next. At this point I have no idea whether that is a positive or not! I'll just wait and see...
Reply 29
Im currently EO had my HO interview, got results now, how did everyone do? :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by bahah12
Im currently EO had my HO interview, got results now, how did everyone do? :smile:

When did you have your interview? I had mine yesterday and I’m keen to find out how I did. A number of people have shared their scores on the other recently active thread.
Hi! Just wondering how long you waited until you found out the outcome of your interview?
Original post by Mads5784
Hi! Just wondering how long you waited until you found out the outcome of your interview?

2 weeks for me
Anyone apply to Bristol here?
2 weeks for me

how did you do with your scores? did you get an offer? :smile:
how did you do with your scores? did you get an offer? :smile:

I got 5555 for behaviours and 3333 for strengths (32) and was placed on the reserve list, which I think everyone with 24+ was placed on
I got 5555 for behaviours and 3333 for strengths (32) and was placed on the reserve list, which I think everyone with 24+ was placed on

are these HO scores? Mine was yesterday, I have no idea how mine would have come across, and I know for sure I waffled a lot of the first one :-D Good scores though, even if you sit on the merit list for a little while
Original post by smokeandmirrors
are these HO scores? Mine was yesterday, I have no idea how mine would have come across, and I know for sure I waffled a lot of the first one :-D Good scores though, even if you sit on the merit list for a little while

where did you apply to? had mine yesterday too for HO :smile:
where did you apply to? had mine yesterday too for HO :smile:

Mine was for Cardiff, I'm already an EO. I really couldn't call it though, even though I know exactly what criteria I'm supposed to be hitting. After 4 x 8 mins of behaviours waffle, I end up thinking "what on earth just came out of my mouth?" :-D

How about you, Cardiff / Bristol?
Original post by smokeandmirrors
Mine was for Cardiff, I'm already an EO. I really couldn't call it though, even though I know exactly what criteria I'm supposed to be hitting. After 4 x 8 mins of behaviours waffle, I end up thinking "what on earth just came out of my mouth?" :-D

How about you, Cardiff / Bristol?

mine was for Bristol, I'm an external though and this was my first CS interview! I think my behaviours went alright, although the strengths was definitely waffle! I don't think I stand much chance as an external though but we'll see!

Quick Reply