The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Could anyone tell me about Lewes court phase 1 and phase 2, how good is the accommodation, conditions, internet, etc?
Does BSMS allow us to intercalate in another university?
Original post by RodriPodri
Could anyone tell me about Lewes court phase 1 and phase 2, how good is the accommodation, conditions, internet, etc?

Hi, as mentioned in a previous comment Lewes court is slightly better than Paddocks in terms of space and the number of other people you're with in the flat, but both options are pretty good and there aren't really any major disadvantages of one over the other. Those based at Paddocks use the library on Brighton Falmer campus, and those at Lewes court use the Sussex university library, so both are good options and the internet is also decent. It's also only about a 15 minute walk between both campuses which isn't too bad, so you can use either university's facilities regardless of where your accommodation is which is very useful.

The phases basically refers to the content you will be learning, so yrs 1-2 is phase 1, yrs 3-4 is phase 2 and yr 5 is phase 3. Phase 1 is science heavy, phase 2 is mainly about how to recognise/diagnose conditions so it's more clinical and phase 3 involves management of different conditions and essentially preparing you for work as a doctor. :smile:
Original post by bluehometown
Does BSMS allow us to intercalate in another university?

Yep, those who wish to intercalate can between yrs 3 and 4 (provided that you don't fail the assessments) :smile:
I’m still waiting to hear back from one of my choices and it can last until May. Will I be disadvantaged if I don’t firm and choose accomodation as early as possible? Does accomodation work in a first come first serve basis? And when is BSMS going to hold an offer holder day?
Original post by bluehometown
I’m still waiting to hear back from one of my choices and it can last until May. Will I be disadvantaged if I don’t firm and choose accomodation as early as possible? Does accomodation work in a first come first serve basis? And when is BSMS going to hold an offer holder day?

I think it should be fine as long as you meet the deadlines, but you can email BSMS just to be sure. I'm not sure when the offer holder day is to be honest
Is anyone else having a hard time with the accommodation application?
It says you need to have 4 preferences but there is only a maximum of 3 different combinations
Reply 87
Original post by Abzy2002
It says you need to have 4 preferences but there is only a maximum of 3 different combinations

Hey, I think it’s an issue on the university’s side and they are aware of it and trying to fix it!
Original post by spk00
Hey, I think it’s an issue on the university’s side and they are aware of it and trying to fix it!

Thanks for letting me know! :smile:
Reply 89
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anything knows any more information about Lewes Court ensuites (in terms of the appearance) because the site hasn't got any updates as far as I know.
Any info will be helpful?
Thanks
Original post by DYNIMTE
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anything knows any more information about Lewes Court ensuites (in terms of the appearance) because the site hasn't got any updates as far as I know.
Any info will be helpful?
Thanks

If you type 'lewes court university of Sussex' to google images, it's the first picture :smile:
Reply 91
Does anyone know if we can apply yet as I know they were having some issues with the options?
How do I apply for accommodation? I haven’t been sent any forms or updates from them?
Original post by Chicken495
How do I apply for accommodation? I haven’t been sent any forms or updates from them?

Have you firmed and if so check your portal
Original post by Tessie.
Have you firmed and if so check your portal

How long does it take to show up on the portal, I only firmed a few days ago

I’m not too sure I haven’t firmed yet but people have been having issues with booking so they might be waiting to fix that and then send an email.
Reply 96

Maybe this might help? You have to use your brighton portal log in, although I'm pretty sure no one can finish the accommodation yet since they still haven't fixed having only 3 choices out of 4.
https://accommodation.brighton.ac.uk/?utm_source=dotmailer&utm_medium=email&utm_content=accom_AA_2021_apply&utm_campaign=accom_AA_2021&dm_i=34IP,14ZI0,84H6C5,4DYQA,1
Original post by Abzy2002

They’ve emailed to acknowledge this and they’re going to fix it
Reply 98
Hi, would I be able to ask if anyone could compare both Lewes Court and Paddock Field. Both have their advantages and disadvantages (location and price for Paddock and fewer flatmates and shorter distance to the university building for Lewes afaik). I'm unsure about which one to put first in my application, and would appreciate the help a lot. Thanks!
Original post by FTM_03
Hi, would I be able to ask if anyone could compare both Lewes Court and Paddock Field. Both have their advantages and disadvantages (location and price for Paddock and fewer flatmates and shorter distance to the university building for Lewes afaik). I'm unsure about which one to put first in my application, and would appreciate the help a lot. Thanks!

Hi, those are the main differences, but is there anything specific you wanted to ask? If you type BSMS accommodation on YouTube there's a video on Paddock fields and a video of Lewes court put up by Sussex uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending