The Student Room Group

Don't fit into any friend groups??

Okay so I feel like I just don't fit in anywhere... is that bad? I was in a friendship group from year 7-9 but I was kind of kicked out, from then I was just drifting through friendship groups, but each one there was something "wrong" with.

I'm hanging out with this group of friends, but they all share similar interests, cultures and beliefs which I don't have, and so I feel like an outsider. Honestly, my friendships are all so messed up. I feel like I just want to have some friends I can talk to, and the fact of not having a solid friendship group is wearing me down.

(If any of you are GCSE students and wouldn't mind chatting or anything, I'm so lonely at this point :smile:)
Original post by whyamihere266
Okay so I feel like I just don't fit in anywhere... is that bad? I was in a friendship group from year 7-9 but I was kind of kicked out, from then I was just drifting through friendship groups, but each one there was something "wrong" with.

I'm hanging out with this group of friends, but they all share similar interests, cultures and beliefs which I don't have, and so I feel like an outsider. Honestly, my friendships are all so messed up. I feel like I just want to have some friends I can talk to, and the fact of not having a solid friendship group is wearing me down.

(If any of you are GCSE students and wouldn't mind chatting or anything, I'm so lonely at this point :smile:)

Heyy I’m year 11 and omg samee ! Like I just keep on moving tbh mainly due to not fitting or just toxic people. Honestly most of my friends are online anyways. I like it that way I actually have things in common with them.
Original post by a.christiana
Heyy I’m year 11 and omg samee ! Like I just keep on moving tbh mainly due to not fitting or just toxic people. Honestly most of my friends are online anyways. I like it that way I actually have things in common with them.

yesss like it's either I don't fit in or the people are toxic !! like people are nice and all but I just don't fit in 😩
yesss like it's either I don't fit in or the people are toxic !! like people are nice and all but I just don't fit in 😩

Totally I get what u mean I literally known for just moving groups but not in a bad way. I just don’t wanna be in an environment that I don’t feel comfortable to be myself around but we can be friends. Wanna exchange social media! Insta or snap I don’t mind

Hiya :smile: legit y does that Sound like me I don’t use student room that much but if u have ig let me know so we can be friends x
Original post by Maira108
Hiya :smile: legit y does that Sound like me I don’t use student room that much but if u have ig let me know so we can be friends x

Are you in year 11 x
Totally I get what u mean I literally known for just moving groups but not in a bad way. I just don’t wanna be in an environment that I don’t feel comfortable to be myself around but we can be friends. Wanna exchange social media! Insta or snap I don’t mind

sure, I honestly need people to talk to ! I have a really personal insta, and a insta where I just use for some online friends, that is @lexievexoxo
sure, I honestly need people to talk to ! I have a really personal insta, and a insta where I just use for some online friends, that is @lexievexoxo

Yeah sure imma add u !

my insta is @lexievexoxo that's my account for online friends, so it's not very personal :smile:
Yep my ig is xmairax108

Are you in year 11 x
my insta is @lexievexoxo that's my account for online friends, so it's not very personal :smile:

Hiya I requested on my personal account xmairax108

Hey there's nothing wrong with not having a friendship group. I currently don't have one and I know so many others are also in the same boat. Friendship groups don't always last anyway it's better to stay out of all the drama
U a girl or boy?
Original post by itsyahg
Hey there's nothing wrong with not having a friendship group. I currently don't have one and I know so many others are also in the same boat. Friendship groups don't always last anyway it's better to stay out of all the drama

Tbf that is true in some cases but u just got to find the right friends mine have lasted 4 y + with the right people
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by young man
U a girl or boy?

She’s a fridge I’m pretty sure
Yep my ig is xmairax108

Added u !
Original post by young man
U a girl or boy?

im a girl
Reply 17
when i was in sixth form i had an issue kind of like that. I didnt fit into my main friendship group (and looking back pretty sure they didnt even liked me and were really bad 'friends'). I had other friends from different friendship groups, however even through i really liked and got on with them, i didnt really fit in or particularly like the rest of their friends so i couldn't really move into their group. My advice would be to just wait it out and wait until next year when you meet more people coming into your school for sixth form or move to another school for sixth form or into collage.

In secondary school, it can be very hard to meet like-minded people. It happens to a lot of people.
Me personally, I'd say I have a solid friendship group, but I think I only connect with 3 or 4 people to the point where I'd rely on them to bail me out of jail that kind of thing. My point is that you shouldn't compare yourself to others who may seem like they have an amazing friendship group where everyone is happy because that's probably not the case. I went through a lot of **** with people to get where I am now in terms of friendships. It's not all how it seems. (By the way, I'm not saying you are comparing.)

Honestly, just wait it out. I know it can suck, but that's all you can do.
Make friends outside of your school because friendships with people outside of your school are truly elite lol. Good luck. Remember you're not alone x
Reply 19
Omg same, but its okay ull find that one friend who ull get on with, i found the only friend who understands me this year ( im in yr.13 btw). dont worry i was just like u promise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending