The Student Room Group

Sad life story

Hey guys I have a question and maybe u would be able to answer this.
I achieved 5 A * in the past , was pushed by my parents to do medicine, I'm at medical school but I had loads of gap years due to my moms poor heath . I had a failed my exams couple of years ago due to her death and now I returned to continue the degree . However I'm incredibly traumatised by this and I never enjoyed medicine anyway. But I always had a dream to try at Cambridge and I achieved amazing grades for this . Do u think I still stand a chance to study something I love at Cambridge although I ruined my life with medical school and failed exams ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Absolutely, you will regret it if you don’t try!
Original post by Medicalperson222
Hey guys I have a question and maybe u would be able to answer this.
I achieved 5 A * in the past , was pushed by my parents to do medicine, I'm at medical school but I had loads of gap years due to my moms poor heath . I had a failed my exams couple of years ago due to her death and now I returned to continue the degree . However I'm incredibly traumatised by this and I never enjoyed medicine anyway. But I always had a dream to try at Cambridge and I achieved amazing grades for this . Do u think I still stand a chance to study something I love at Cambridge although I ruined my life with medical school and failed exams ?

Are you currently studying at the moment? Where are you studying, and what subject? Would you be applying for undergraduate or graduate entry medicine?
Original post by Sandtrooper
Are you currently studying at the moment? Where are you studying, and what subject? Would you be applying for undergraduate or graduate entry medicine?

Sorry for the confusion! I'm currently studying medicine at the university and want to leave it and apply to study a different UG degree!
How old are you?
Sorry for the confusion! I'm currently studying medicine at the university and want to leave it and apply to study a different UG degree!

Do you know what you want to study? You can't apply to Cambridge whilst at another university.
Original post by Sandtrooper
Do you know what you want to study? You can't apply to Cambridge whilst at another university.

Yes I know ! It's very frustrating tbh! I remember I talked to the college admission and explained the situation and they haven't mentioned anything about this ! What if I'm planning to leave after the next year and want to apply before leaving ? Do I actually have to first leave my medical degree ?
Additionally, they even said that they are interested in the reference letter from the current uni .
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes I know ! It's very frustrating tbh! I remember I talked to the college admission and explained the situation and they haven't mentioned anything about this ! What if I'm planning to leave after the next year and want to apply before leaving ? Do I actually have to first leave my medical degree ?

It's not possible unless you have a very good reason. What course did you want to apply for? Also, you might get a year less of Student Finance, so bear that in mind.
Thank for the explanation! But also to confirm this- is it mentioned anywhere officially that you are not allowed to apply while studying somewhere else . Not that I don't trust you- just to make sure 😀
Yes I would get unclassified bachelors degree which is useless for me
Thanks ! I guess I would need to contact individual colleges regarding this . I mean maybe if I explain my situation they would be understanding .
Thanks ! I guess I would need to contact individual colleges regarding this . I mean maybe if I explain my situation they would be understanding .

What degree would you be applying to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending