The Student Room Group

Islam

Um... My dad and brothers don’t know about my period so whenever I’m on my period. They ask me have you read your namaz and I always say “YES” even though I haven’t read my namaz. Am I getting a sin because I lied.Or no.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Um... My dad and brothers don’t know about my period so whenever I’m on my period. They ask me have you read your namaz and I always say “YES” even though I haven’t read my namaz. Am I getting a sin because I lied.Or no.

The issue with asking this on TSR is that some deeply religious Muslims will make it seem like lying is the biggest sin ever.

Why aren’t you telling them that you are on your period?
(edited 3 years ago)
Omg I do this too😂
Original post by 5hyl33n
The issue with asking this on TSR is that some deeply religious Muslims will make it seem like lying is the biggest sin ever.

Why aren’t you reading Namaz, may I ask?

Hey she can’t pray when she’s on her period :smile:

y do u say yes?

also, cldnt u tell your mother, then use the excuse ''no, I cant ive spoken to mum'' or sumthing?
(edited 3 years ago)
From what I understand you are exempt from reading Salah when you are on your period. However, it is better to be open to your dad about this, if it is still embarrassing then just use the same excuse and it should not be an issue.

However, when you are not on your period you should continue to read Salah.

Allah knows best.
Hey she can’t pray when she’s on her period :smile:

I realised I mis-read the situation! I was supposed to ask why she isn’t telling them that she is on her period!

Basically it’s kind of sad how culture has prevented us from being open about something natural😔
Regardless of everyone saying whether its fine or not, just please teach your daughters they don’t have to fake pray and lie about namaaz 🙂 Because obviously it may be hard for some people to suddenly be open about their period like that it might be awkward for their family and stuff 😂
I don't understand why girls are so shy about it. Its normal. Brothers and dads should be aware anyway without u even telling them you're on ur period.
Whenever my dad tells me its prayer time i just tell him i'm not praying and he gets the message and won't ask me until he sees me praying again out of bashfulness. He even prepares my meds and a hot water bottle whenever i'm dying from cramps without asking why. U just give them a sign and they'll know.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n

It is a major sin to lie about praying, are you a jāhil or something... please don't speak on what you clearly do not know.

"Only they invent falsehood who believe not Allah's revelations, and [only] they are liars" - [Qur'an 16:105]

"Woe to every sinful liar" - [Qur'an 45:7]

Safwân ibn Sulaym (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi WaSalaam) was asked《Whether the believer could be a liar, he replied, "no"》- [Mâlik]

Ibn Mas'ood (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported that The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi WaSalaam) said: 《"A man speaks falsehood and falsehood makes him object until he is written as a great liar before Allah"》- [Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi WaSalaam) said: 《"When a man lies the angel moves away from his the distance of a mile"》- [At Tirmidhi]

Just tell find a way to tell them you're on it like Katya said, it's really not that hard.
Original post by Cıllıan
It is a major sin to lie about praying, are you a jāhil or something... please don't speak on what you clearly do not know.

"Only they invent falsehood who believe not Allah's revelations, and [only] they are liars" - [Qur'an 16:105]

"Woe to every sinful liar" - [Qur'an 45:7]

Safwân ibn Sulaym (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi WaSalaam) was asked《Whether the believer could be a liar, he replied, "no"》- [Mâlik]

Ibn Mas'ood (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported that The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi WaSalaam) said: 《"A man speaks falsehood and falsehood makes him object until he is written as a great liar before Allah"》- [Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi WaSalaam) said: 《"When a man lies the angel moves away from his the distance of a mile"》- [At Tirmidhi]

Just tell find a way to tell them you're on it like Katya said, it's really not that hard.

Mashallah :heart:
Original post by Be A LEADER
What's Islam? :confused:

The religion of Muslims.
Original post by Nialler x
The religion of Muslims.

OIC.
Original post by Be A LEADER
OIC.

Is another way of saying I see???
Original post by Moonlight rain
Is another way of saying I see???

Oh, I see.
Screenshot_20210408-185648_Instagram.jpg
(The "not praying" part won't apply since it was due to your period)
Reply 16

i don't get why ppl are open about periods with there family smh
i just tell my dad i can't read
Periods are normal but society is strange, just tell him what's up and it'll stop him from being inquisitive :bebored:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ^_^/
i don't get why ppl are open about periods with there family smh
i just tell my dad i can't read

PRSOM
We’re you meant to say aren’t? :confused:
My dad doesn’t even ask so it’s ok
Reply 19
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
PRSOM
We’re you meant to say aren’t? :confused:
My dad doesn’t even ask so it’s ok

idk tbh but my family taught me to be open with it like your dad knows what it is cuz their wife goes through it
so i just say when my dad asks that i can't same with my brother

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending