The Student Room Group

Have you ever been ostracized??

Okay so I needed to ask this question and I need answers
You ever felt like you're being kick out of a group and how did you handle it?

Scroll to see replies

**** in their shoes.
Original post by Vivee

Mainly just a friend group cause I'm loud and proud...lol :groovy:But I did struggle to deal with it mainly cause I took it personally instead of releasing sometimes we just don't get along with people and that is actually ok :smile:. And sure it would have helped if they had not talk stuff about me and instead had a conversation about how we were all feeling, but at the end of the day it is better to not be in a situation where you are unwanted. Not sure if that helps at all would help if I understood the context :smile:
A few times, I'd rather not go into detail.
Reply 4
Thank you guys
Reply 5
kinda? my bf's family hates me. like, they genuinely despise me, especially his mother
Reply 6
Original post by Iamstupidddd1504
A few times, I'd rather not go into detail.

Oh no, why's that?
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.
kinda? my bf's family hates me. like, they genuinely despise me, especially his mother

That's sad, especially if it's for no good reason. Have they said why they don't like you?
No, not actively at least.
Reply 9
Original post by Paskal
That's sad, especially if it's for no good reason. Have they said why they don't like you?

apparently i'm a 'bad influence', 'toxic', 'emotionally unstable' etc. they just want him to get a cute wife to have kids with, lol
Reply 10
Original post by Ciel.
apparently i'm a 'bad influence', 'toxic', 'emotionally unstable' etc. they just want him to get a cute wife to have kids with, lol

Are you a guy? In that case, they clearly haven't accepted you/their son's sexuality so that says more about them than you imo.
Reply 11
Original post by Paskal
Are you a guy? In that case, they clearly haven't accepted you/their son's sexuality so that says more about them than you imo.

yeah. but he's bisexual so they still have hope, lol
Reply 12
Original post by Ciel.
yeah. but he's bisexual so they still have hope, lol

Oh I see, I'd probably have to cut contact with people like that. Hope it works out for you
Original post by Vivee

cried
felt sh*t for ages
and then realized I wasted so much time wondering what I did wrong and why they hated me when in reality I did nothing wrong as soon as I resisted to being used I got booted
but now I'm a much stronger person and I needed that to happen to me so I could realise my worth and get away from those parasites and find better friends that care about me
Reply 14
Original post by Paskal
Oh I see, I'd probably have to cut contact with people like that. Hope it works out for you

well, he loves them so it's just something i need to put up with, lol
I've never had my name written on an ostrakon by enough Athenian citizens to be expelled from Athens for ten years, no.
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.
well, he loves them so it's just something i need to put up with, lol

Not necessarily. I wouldn't interfere in their relationship but I don't think I could stomach being in the same room as people who'd judge me like that. Do you see them regularly?
Reply 17
Original post by Paskal
Not necessarily. I wouldn't interfere in their relationship but I don't think I could stomach being in the same room as people who'd judge me like that. Do you see them regularly?

not when i can help it. usually just during like christmas, and weddings etc.
anyways I've always wanted to have an ostrich egg, they're HUGEEEEEEE

I wanna bake a gigantic cake with huge sugar cubes and massive eggs hehe

my only dream
In my last year of school, I was left out by who I believed were my closest friends. I assure you though, 9 times out of 10, you would know if you did something wrong to be kicked out / left out by a group. If you've been thinking about it and nothing comes to mind you likely did nothing wrong or you may have done something unintentionally. Sometimes it can just be a case of simply not having much in common with these people. If they are truly good friends and believe that they treat you well, it's a good idea to approach them and explain how you've been feeling and ask them questions. If they are good friends, they will listen and understand. If you don't think that you will get any answers, or they aren't willing to listen, drop them. Don't stay if you feel like you're unwanted and being left out because there are always better people out there, and there are people who understand. They may not come immediately, but from experience, I feel a lot better from leaving a group where I was constantly ostracized. Hope things get better soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest