The Student Room Group

✨reaching for a starinthenight:a multiyear gyg✨

Scroll to see replies

Original post by not/so/studious
thank you soo much, I hope revision and exams go well for you

:smile: You too!
UPDATE ON THE PAST PAPERS:
so i realised that i have 15 days left till exams and 1 of those days is a reserve if anything has gone wrong the day b4 the exams so technically i have 14 days of revision left.HMMM
14 days. idk how im gonna cram everything in?
i have 41 past papers left to do, that is excluding maths because i find that i can do fairly well on maths with rough revision the day b4.
HMM.if i take subject by subject and spend 10 days on each subject ill have 4 days left but memorisation has to be done repeatedly not just in one day.
so ig idk what to do.HMM.Least i could do:
biology 3
chemistry 4
physics 2
business 13
computing 4
english lit 5
english language 9
exclusing spanish and rs cuz im using quizlet solely HMM. thats 40 past papers. ok minus one for each subject to do the day be4 the exam .35.
maybe i should do one subject a day and just do a run of those past papers? I’ll start with business im only answering b1 questions and b2 questions anyway and that would take me down to 27Then ill do english language.18.bio chem physics on the same day.9. urghh but that leaves me to do 5 essays in a day?! WHATEVER FOR THE NAME OF GOOD GRADES!oh well.then ill do computing.0.Yay!
sunday
business
monday
english language
tuesday
bio chem physics
wednesday
english literature :frown:
thursday
computing plus quizlet computing
ok thatll leave me tfssmtwtfs and sunday for a mentally prepare for exam day.thats 10 days for 10 subjects (discluding sunday)!!! wooooooooo :excited:
😎😎😎ahhhh im so happy its organised nowww :smile:
:bump:
The only sad thing is this - I won’t be on TSR anymore :frown:because i have to revise so byeee ppl ill see u back on the 24th of April when my first set of exams have finished.😎
Original post by 1hhh
ANDDDD ITS THE EVENING PPLLLLLLL...😎
things still left to do for the weekend:
>business quizlet to make ✔️
>reading spanish theme 1 questions only

things left to do for the next week:
>memorise the quizlets
>memorising the spanish writing task
>do past papers on english language (9 papers) 😖
>english literature writing essays based off the notes i made today

Last week before exams:
past papers galore (i’ll plan this out today at 10.00 pm?)

Spoiler

BYEEEEEE 😎

Your friend sounds stupid and tbh if that's the way she wants to act then it's good that you're no longer friends - she's immature. Good luck with your list for the weekend :shakehand:
Original post by 1hhh
:bump:
The only sad thing is this - I won’t be on TSR anymore :frown:because i have to revise so byeee ppl ill see u back on the 24th of April when my first set of exams have finished.😎

Okay, bye, good luck with your exams :h:
228A7121-6570-47CA-BBB1-9B4408DD1549.jpeg ok bit of a u turn but im gonna keep posting the updated timetable
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by StarshineDiamond
Okay, bye, good luck with your exams :h:

byee :smile:

Your friend sounds stupid and tbh if that's the way she wants to act then it's good that you're no longer friends - she's immature. Good luck with your list for the weekend :shakehand:

She is immature I agree and thank you! xx
Reply 87
Original post by 1hhh
i make my own flashcards on quizlet based off the markscheme eg one side would be *how does catalytic cracking work* (2marks) the other side being *heated to a high temperature - passed over a catalyst* :smile: and i just keep learning the flashcards off by heart ❤️

Please can I have the link to access your flashcards. I would really appreciate it.
Original post by Joy65
Please can I have the link to access your flashcards. I would really appreciate it.

yep 😎
(edited 3 years ago)

This looks messy and long loool I only have about 11 exams loool
Do we all have to make checklists?
hi there please can i have the link for the quizlet-your blog is making me really motivated btw
since everyone is asking for quizlet:

Spoiler

a word of warning: these are for my specifications so please check if it matches ur content 😎 also that I have made a LOT of random sets so ur gonna have to search thru the whole load of them, also im constantly updating them
A tip: use the GCSE EXAMS folder with 14 sets cuz thats what Im using rn 😊 minus the rs ,for that use the rs folder and the ones in GCSE EXAMS folder too
Finally:these work for me and its the way I revise but this doesnt mean that it works for everybody cuz im just another random yr 11 tryna figure out gcses as it comes along and im not exactly an all grade 9 student

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 1hhh
since everyone is asking for quizlet:

Spoiler

a word of warning: these are for my specifications so please check if it matches ur content 😎 also that I have made a LOT of random sets so ur gonna have to search thru the whole load of them, also im constantly updating them
A tip: use the GCSE EXAMS folder with 14 sets cuz thats what Im using rn 😊 minus the rs ,for that use the rs folder and the ones in GCSE EXAMS folder too
Finally:these work for me and its the way I revise but this doesnt mean that it works for everybody cuz im just another random yr 11 tryna figure out gcses as it comes along and im not exactly an all grade 9 student

Spoiler

omg you're a lifesaver these are really good thank you so much
Original post by mohona1827
omg you're a lifesaver these are really good thank you so much

happy to help 😎
ok im at a bit of a low rn 😭so recently nottingham have decided to differentiate between 8s and 9s for medicine and im panicking.:frown: long story short ive been reading through all these am i good for medicine threads and reading some a100 threads and im kinda getting a bit anxious that my predicted grades aren’t good enough (especially cuz i thought they were good enough before) because these ppl are getting 9999999998 and still getting rejected pre interviews and this was PRE grade inflation time. Now there’s grade inflation medschools are differentiating between 8s and 9s in 2022 and since weve gone thru the same situation as them id assume 2023 applicants are gonna do the same thing and I feel like Im losing all hope. 😢 like i really wanted to aim for kcl or imperial but i feel like my grades are gonna be worthless compared to the ppl who have got all 9s nevertheless im still in my gcse course so i have time (about a week and a half) to keep going and hope for the best.So if anyone has any more advice to improve grades pls go ahead and post them on this thread cuz itll be helpful for all of us :smile:
in the meanwhile
08/04/2021 TIMETABLE UPDATE ~i am currently doing chemistry quizlet i just needed a break and a bit of an emotional rant😎
DCFFFA75-76D5-440B-AEB0-82633A665FD3.jpeg
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 1hhh
ok im at a bit of a low rn 😭so recently nottingham have decided to differentiate between 8s and 9s for medicine and im panicking.:frown: long story short ive been reading through all these am i good for medicine threads and reading some a100 threads and im kinda getting a bit anxious that my predicted grades aren’t good enough (especially cuz i thought they were good enough before) because these ppl are getting 9999999998 and still getting rejected pre interviews and this was PRE grade inflation time. Now there’s grade inflation medschools are differentiating between 8s and 9s in 2022 and since weve gone thru the same situation as them id assume 2023 applicants are gonna do the same thing and I feel like Im losing all hope. 😢 like i really wanted to aim for kcl or imperial but i feel like my grades are gonna be worthless compared to the ppl who have got all 9s nevertheless im still in my gcse course so i have time (about a week and a half) to keep going and hope for the best.So if anyone has any more advice to improve grades pls go ahead and post them on this thread cuz itll be helpful for all of us :smile:
in the meanwhile
08/04/2021 TIMETABLE UPDATE ~i am currently doing chemistry quizlet i just needed a break and a bit of an emotional rant😎

You could try asking people who go to imperial and kcl what they did to make their applications stand out since medical degrees are so competitive and even if they differentiate 8s and 9s there are still people with all 9s that get rejected.
Original post by 1hhh
in the meanwhile

Btw for Kings you need a good UCAT score along with GCSEs
My GCSEs were good but not ridiculous
998888A* 777AA (7A*s and 5As)
And I got an interview for KCL (still waiting for the response🙃)

And imperial you need a good bmat score along with GCSEs

Long story short, just do the best you can, and you don’t need to get 9s in everything to get into a top medical school, the admissions exams (UCAT/BMAT) are far more important in most cases)
Original post by _jbello.10
Btw for Kings you need a good UCAT score along with GCSEs
My GCSEs were good but not ridiculous
998888A* 777AA (7A*s and 5As)
And I got an interview for KCL (still waiting for the response🙃)

And imperial you need a good bmat score along with GCSEs

Long story short, just do the best you can, and you don’t need to get 9s in everything to get into a top medical school, the admissions exams (UCAT/BMAT) are far more important in most cases)

Thank you so much 😌it really put my mind at rest i was getting so worried that the grades had to be flawless 😊
You could try asking people who go to imperial and kcl what they did to make their applications stand out since medical degrees are so competitive and even if they differentiate 8s and 9s there are still people with all 9s that get rejected.

Thats actually a good idea I’ll probably do that after my gcse exams are over for most unis ,I kinda am dreading /really excited to start looking into applications and how they make them stand out 😆

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending