The Student Room Group

Need someone to talk to

I think I have lost my family. Im just feeling down right now, not been diagnosed with anything only because I am absolutely petrified but I've done online depression and anxiety tests which have come up with stuff. I'm 21 years old male, im just lonely and ****. People have tried helping me but they were 15/16, from my college, I am so grateful for their help but that age is basically teenagers who have just left school and they probably can't relate to my issues as my issues are more adults concerns or older people so it probably wouldn't be much help.

I've seen gp a few times including recently and they haven't been the best really. I saw them when I was 16 which they weren't good, I saw them when I was 19 which wasn't helpful either and I have seen then about a month ago and that was pointless as well. I remember when I went when I was 16 and this gp told my dad it's just the typical teenage stress. When I was 19 they said pretty much the same that its normal for my age. When I went recently they seemed to be in a rush and not taking me seriously enough. I feel pretty hopeless because people were saying go to gp, I've been they didn't diagnose me or offer anything they just are pointless.
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
I think I have lost my family. Im just feeling down right now, not been diagnosed with anything only because I am absolutely petrified but I've done online depression and anxiety tests which have come up with stuff. I'm 21 years old male, im just lonely and ****. People have tried helping me but they were 15/16, from my college, I am so grateful for their help but that age is basically teenagers who have just left school and they probably can't relate to my issues as my issues are more adults concerns or older people so it probably wouldn't be much help.

I've seen gp a few times including recently and they haven't been the best really. I saw them when I was 16 which they weren't good, I saw them when I was 19 which wasn't helpful either and I have seen then about a month ago and that was pointless as well. I remember when I went when I was 16 and this gp told my dad it's just the typical teenage stress. When I was 19 they said pretty much the same that its normal for my age. When I went recently they seemed to be in a rush and not taking me seriously enough. I feel pretty hopeless because people were saying go to gp, I've been they didn't diagnose me or offer anything they just are pointless.

(becayse u havent mentioned anything about u having a faith) im ngl just pray to God. Im not a strong christian at all no. But in times like this I reach out to him and he gives you a wonderful, peaceful feeling in which no gp, therapist, drugs or parent can. there's no harm it trying man.
Reply 3
(becayse u havent mentioned anything about u having a faith) im ngl just pray to God. Im not a strong christian at all no. But in times like this I reach out to him and he gives you a wonderful, peaceful feeling in which no gp, therapist, drugs or parent can. there's no harm it trying man.

OK mate
OK mate

np luv
but in times like these u need to help yourself so all I'm saying is try don't get pissed xo
Reply 6
but in times like these u need to help yourself so all I'm saying is try don't get pissed xo

I understand
I agree with the above. If you're not religious find something else to focus your attention on. Try not to feel sorry for yourself and be grateful for what you have. Thank God (if you believe). In a few years, you'll look back and see urself in a much better place if you put in your best effort to make a change now. I'd say forget about the GP, they're kinda useless and would probably only diagnose you and give u medication. try going out more, exercising, meditating, etc. I know it's much easier said than done but it'll definitely stop u feeling down. ur still very young and have time, so don't worry too much.
good luck
I agree with the above. If you're not religious find something else to focus your attention on. Try not to feel sorry for yourself and be grateful for what you have. Thank God (if you believe). In a few years, you'll look back and see urself in a much better place if you put in your best effort to make a change now. I'd say forget about the GP, they're kinda useless and would probably only diagnose you and give u medication. try going out more, exercising, meditating, etc. I know it's much easier said than done but it'll definitely stop u feeling down. ur still very young and have time, so don't worry too much.
good luck

^^^^^^^^
Reply 9
good luck

Ok

Go work out, get your inner frustrations with life out and be active, maybe make more plans for yourself. I know how you feel sometimes, like life kinda lacks purpose and honestly, it does these days. You're in the rat race and you know it, you know how docs try to suppress you, society's pretty boring if not any bit social to begin with. You head out to the gym, look for some cool dudes, work out and eat better, get early sleep, drink water, and dip your toe into socializing more. Might pick up a classy chick or some cool guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending