The Student Room Group

What does it feel like to faint

I've never fainted before but someone's just told me that it feels like your dying haha :frown:
Exactly that sis. I fainted from period cramps several times :redface:
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Exactly that sis. I fainted from period cramps several times :redface:

omg my friends done that so many times in schoolll 😢
Not a lot actually, you go from conscious to waking up on the floor wondering what just happened.
Reply 4
Original post by Qxi.xli
I've never fainted before but someone's just told me that it feels like your dying haha :frown:

i think it depends on the person
like, my vision always goes dark before i actually faint. but i can still hear everything for a few more seconds
then everything sort of just fades
Original post by Qxi.xli
omg my friends done that so many times in schoolll 😢

So scary when u get em at school.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
So scary when u get em at school.

yeah the first time she was so embarrassed it was in Chemistry we had to stand up and she literally fainted on us. I felt soo bad.
Original post by Qxi.xli
yeah the first time she was so embarrassed it was in Chemistry we had to stand up and she literally fainted on us. I felt soo bad.

:eek:
i'd rather puke than faint in front of everyone.
Original post by Ciel.
i think it depends on the person
like, my vision always goes dark before i actually faint. but i can still hear everything for a few more seconds
then everything sort of just fades

Same here - then I gradually come back round, usually with a crashing headache from hitting my head on something. Thankfully it has been years since it has happened for me
Reply 9
Original post by ReadingMum
Same here - then I gradually come back round, usually with a crashing headache from hitting my head on something. Thankfully it has been years since it has happened for me

haha, it's weird. i remember the first time it happened to me, years ago. i was like, i can't see omg
Reply 10
It depends on the person.. Ive always had nausea, my sight flickers and everything kinda zones out.
Happened once but it was horrible :frown: i was dizzy, my legs went totally shaky, and just felt like everything was going dark/black around me.
Feel sorry for anyone who gets them often - must be awful :sadnod:
For me sight goes first; things start to turn black, and i don't feel anything, hearing fades out. Then i wake up on a floor or something. confused lol.
Original post by Qxi.xli

Happened to me once, playing basketball, very embarrassing since my coach and friends thought I fell as a joke so ignored me for about 10secs.
But everything started going blurry at first, I was out of breath, everything started fading and going dark. Next thing I know I wake up on the floor with everyone in my face. Feels like waking up in a new day and not remembering anything.
I think its cos I had hypoglycaemia, but I'm not diabetic so idk :cool:
everything goes blurry and its like your heads spinning i guess? then you just black out and when you wake up you just think tf happened.

once it happened to me in biology wacked my head on the desk lol loved the attention though ngl
I pass out fairly frequently, my main symptoms before hand is vertigo (different from my usual, it's spinning when I'm about to faint), worsening of my tinnitus, inability to speak (comes out garbled lol), and my vision goes black. There's other things as well but they're the main ones before I pass out.
pretty relatable

light headedness > unconscious > woah what happened > dizzy > feels like you head is expanding momentarily > realising there's some pain where you fell > feeling weak for a while as you recover

i have low blood pressure. i imagine the cause of peoples' feinting probably affects the feelings a lot
Omg no I was literally having a conversation about this yesterday. I've always wondered what it's like. Sometimes I can't remember going to sleep if I've napped accidentally, and I've woken up confused, so I imagine that's the best understanding I could have of it.
I used to faint when I got up from the sofa, and once from the toilet. It feels like all the blood and life drains from your head, then your body goes like floppy stone, then nothing. Once I was aware that I was going down the I felt myself banging my head off a door handle but was numb, and woke in a the hallway some time later. I was quite relaxed.

Quick Reply

Latest