The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Politics and International Studies Cambridge Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I also just received a conditional offer, very excited! Does anyone know when we are likely to hear about funding?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
Original post by sc319
I also just received a conditional offer, very excited! Does anyone know when we are likely to hear about funding?

Starting from the end of February I suppose. According to the website, if it doesn't come by July, it won't come.
Reply 42
I'm also at GAO today for the MPhil!! - does anyone know how long it takes from GAO to offer/rejection, and how likely is it to be rejected after GAO?
Original post by jg1337
I just received my conditional offer there! Honestly can't believe it. Took from the 28th-2nd to get updated (weekend inbetween).

same here!
Hi all! I've been on GAO since Feb 1st, anyone else at this stage waiting?
Original post by greenwoodselway

I still am! perhaps we might hear something by today or tomorrow.
Reply 46

me too! Noticed I was on GAO on Feb 3 - hopefully we hear soon !!
Reply 47
Original post by Vio1999
me too! Noticed I was on GAO on Feb 3 - hopefully we hear soon !!

Just got an offer on the portal!
Just received conditional offer too!
anyone know what the terms of the conditional offer are? I haven't gotten the letter yet (so I guess I could just wait haha) but just curious!
Reply 50
Original post by soupdish
anyone know what the terms of the conditional offer are? I haven't gotten the letter yet (so I guess I could just wait haha) but just curious!

Passport copy, certificate pdf, no objection certificate from current course etc. Which course did you apply to?
Original post by Sheekoo
Passport copy, certificate pdf, no objection certificate from current course etc. Which course did you apply to?

Ah thank you! I applied for the MPhil POLIS :smile: got the letter shortly after posting though so was able to see all the conditions! thank you though :smile:
Just received conditional offer too!

Same here! Any Gates applicants heard back?
Same here! Any Gates applicants heard back?

Apparently Gates shortlists have come out so if you haven't received anything, assume you were not successful (I wasn't haha)
Also received a conditional offer on Friday, but for the PhD (any PhD POLIS applicants here?). I'm currently doing an MPhil and the offer conditions were a bit terrifying; they expect a Distinction in my current Master's (which is at Oxford, so I would say that is a rather high bar, considering). It's understandable but also feels a bit hopeless/unfeasible given the current circumstances, with my whole degree being impacted by COVID, the closure of the Uni libraries for a few months, and also the general lockdown situation in the UK...But good luck to everyone else, would love to hear if anyone else here is an applicant for the PhD course and if they have heard back!
received my college membership today at Christ’s College today! Was my first choice. Anyone else at Christ’s / have heard back from colleges?
hi !
has anyone heard back from Cambridge Trust for funding ?
Original post by thenerdybee
hi !
has anyone heard back from Cambridge Trust for funding ?

Hi, I haven't heard back yet either :frown: good luck!
hi all! are there any group chats for cambridge postgraduates or even one for polis? it'd be nice to connect with people before term starts in October :smile:
hi all! are there any group chats for cambridge postgraduates or even one for polis? it'd be nice to connect with people before term starts in October :smile:

Maybe we should make a facebook group?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending