The Student Room Group

Since Covid-19, how has everyone's mental health been?

Hey everyone,
I would love to talk to you about your mental health and how it has been impacted by Covid-19. I would love to hear your stories about what's been going through your mind, what struggles you have been going through, what you have done, or are still doing to manage the day-to-day life.For me, the beginning of Covid was fine. However, as the months went by I noticed I felt more depressed than usual, lacked the motivation to do anything and overall just low. I've felt slightly better recently, but I know that I'm still not completely ok, so I would like to hear your stories and offer any support.

Scroll to see replies

Been doing okay like most people.
honestly, the best it's ever been. I've had to go through quite a few mental challenges to get to this place, but I feel so much better now. At first, I was really low (April 2020) because I was bored, lost and trapped but I've bounced back from then and I'm hopeful for the future.
Reply 3
Original post by parmezanne
honestly, the best it's ever been. I've had to go through quite a few mental challenges to get to this place, but I feel so much better now. At first, I was really low (April 2020) because I was bored, lost and trapped but I've bounced back from then and I'm hopeful for the future.

Oh wow, that's great to hear!
I had awful mental health last February (ended up in hospital) and over the 1st lockdown, it did surprisingly get better. It got worse again in November, ended up in the hospital again, and then it got steadily worse until February. In February I couldn't leave bed for 10 days. I got better, but now it's getting much, much worse again.
Original post by Pastelblue1
Hey everyone,
I would love to talk to you about your mental health and how it has been impacted by Covid-19. I would love to hear your stories about what's been going through your mind, what struggles you have been going through, what you have done, or are still doing to manage the day-to-day life.For me, the beginning of Covid was fine. However, as the months went by I noticed I felt more depressed than usual, lacked the motivation to do anything and overall just low. I've felt slightly better recently, but I know that I'm still not completely ok, so I would like to hear your stories and offer any support.

Im having a blast, im antisocail so lockdown has been fine :smile:
I'm doing ok. I was hyper stressed at the start of all this, skint, a carer for my terminally ill mum ect. A year on i;ve had a lot of peace that I needed, a fair amount of income and i've been able to take on long time tasks like quitting smoking, cleaning up nasty bits of my house, self maintenance ect.

There will be something of a social reckoning/shuffle coming and I selfishly intend to be nearer the top than I was.
It's been slowly killing me, due to my OCD. I'm anxious, exhausted, depressed, have suicidal thoughts daily. Barely surviving.
Mine has been fine the whole time. No stress since there has been a constant stream of income since lockdown began.
Original post by Anonymous
It's been slowly killing me, due to my OCD. I'm anxious, exhausted, depressed, have suicidal thoughts daily. Barely surviving.

Hey, DM me if you need to :smile:

Have you spoke to anyone about this?
Reply 11
Original post by StriderHort
I'm doing ok. I was hyper stressed at the start of all this, skint, a carer for my terminally ill mum ect. A year on i;ve had a lot of peace that I needed, a fair amount of income and i've been able to take on long time tasks like quitting smoking, cleaning up nasty bits of my house, self maintenance ect.

There will be something of a social reckoning/shuffle coming and I selfishly intend to be nearer the top than I was.

what do u mean by social shuffle, like a dance?
Original post by Tello
what do u mean by social shuffle, like a dance?

Well metaphorically, yeah, i'll be all change and i'm aiming to tart myself up for a higher class of dance partner that previously.

There will be lots of change all over the world... in terms of relationships, employment, values... Lots of opportunities coming for fast thinkers and and I don't want left behind. (Tbh i'm already looking around at the people who are not adapting to any of this and still quiver with the red eyed hope this will all go back to 'normal', selfish, but i'm not having that obsolete doom for me)
Reply 13
Well metaphorically, yeah, i'll be all change and i'm aiming to tart myself up for a higher class of dance partner that previously.

There will be lots of change all over the world... in terms of relationships, employment, values... Lots of opportunities coming for fast thinkers and and I don't want left behind. (Tbh i'm already looking around at the people who are not adapting to any of this and still quiver with the red eyed hope this will all go back to 'normal', selfish, but i'm not having that obsolete doom for me)

I think everyone will be left behind, the revolution of Ai will take over and all our jobs will be replaced by robots, there will be no need for employment everyone will receive a universal basic income and the only jobs left will be those of high expertise :0 We will become the humans in WALL-E
Original post by Tello
I think everyone will be left behind, the revolution of Ai will take over and all our jobs will be replaced by robots, there will be no need for employment everyone will receive a universal basic income and the only jobs left will be those of high expertise :0 We will become the humans in WALL-E

Meh, eventually maybe, but not in my lifetime. I work in horticulture so if people want to eat effectively they still need me, the machines can do a lot but have serious limitations and i've spent the last few years visiting labs being shown the best ideas we have.
Meh, eventually maybe, but not in my lifetime. I work in horticulture so if people want to eat effectively they still need me, the machines can do a lot but have serious limitations and i've spent the last few years visiting labs being shown the best ideas we have.

Yeap true, everybody still got to eat no matter what :smile:
Pretty all over, from March - May 2020 was really down and stressed due to having no clue what was happening with college work when everyone else was getting answers. June to Sept it was great! Sept - Oct was buzzing when uni started had a low point end of october due to a family grievance as lost my nan while i was at uni. I felt helpless. I got home for Xmas which helped a lot then got stuck here ever since which has slowly caused a decline again. Waiting for answers from the gov angers me and i feel boxed in a room. Fingers crossed i can return just for some sanity. Hope everyone else stays positive throughout this, we are near the end now (fingers crossed) that is what is helping me through
I had awful mental health last February (ended up in hospital) and over the 1st lockdown, it did surprisingly get better. It got worse again in November, ended up in the hospital again, and then it got steadily worse until February. In February I couldn't leave bed for 10 days. I got better, but now it's getting much, much worse again.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Please get the help you need.
Original post by Lshort17
Pretty all over, from March - May 2020 was really down and stressed due to having no clue what was happening with college work when everyone else was getting answers. June to Sept it was great! Sept - Oct was buzzing when uni started had a low point end of october due to a family grievance as lost my nan while i was at uni. I felt helpless. I got home for Xmas which helped a lot then got stuck here ever since which has slowly caused a decline again. Waiting for answers from the gov angers me and i feel boxed in a room. Fingers crossed i can return just for some sanity. Hope everyone else stays positive throughout this, we are near the end now (fingers crossed) that is what is helping me through

I'm very sorry to hear about your nan. hopefully, restrictions ease so that we can all just live our lives again. I send my love.
Original post by Pastelblue1
I'm very sorry to hear about your nan. hopefully, restrictions ease so that we can all just live our lives again. I send my love.

Thanks, hopefully yes! Looking forward to some sort of normal, tbh im happy even if it gets to early September restrictions as that seemed fine, thanks! Hope you are well

Quick Reply

Latest