The Student Room Group

Btec sports

Hey anyone who’s done btec sports advice it and tell how it is :smile:)
Hi! I'm in Year 13 so am just about finishing my Pearson BTEC Sport Level 3 course and I also did BTEC Sport during my GCSE years.

Given the circumstances this year my journey to completing the course wasn't exactly what I expected but I still enjoyed it. It's definitely a lot of work but as I quite like writing essays and that kind of thing I haven't got any complaints. I think the units I did were also really good, particularly for me because of what I want to go onto to study!

In terms of advice I'd probably just say stay organised, make sure you keep on top of all the work and don't leave making revision materials to the last minute! If you're planning on studying it I may be able to upload a few of the revision resources I made (maybe to TES?) if you're interested.

Hope this has helped, and if not, I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have too haha! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by imeumoabasi
Hi! I'm in Year 13 so am just about finishing my Pearson BTEC Sport Level 3 course and I also did BTEC Sport during my GCSE years.

Given the circumstances this year my journey to completing the course wasn't exactly what I expected but I still enjoyed it. It's definitely a lot of work but as I quite like writing essays and that kind of thing I haven't got any complaints. I think the units I did were also really good, particularly for me because of what I want to go onto to study!

In terms of advice I'd probably just say stay organised, make sure you keep on top of all the work and don't leave making revision materials to the last minute! If you're planning on studying it I may be able to upload a few of the revision resources I made (maybe to TES?) if you're interested.

Hope this has helped, and if not, I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have too haha! :smile:

Hey,
Firstly thank you very much for your reply!!
Im also in year 11 and it’s part of my options but mine is worth 2 a levels, alongside with it I’m deciding to pick a level biology. I was just wondering if the course is fun and enjoyable because I don’t want to feel bored in this one lesson. I’ve researched which unis I can get into with it which I’m guessing is a good start but yeah I am just wondering how the lessons are and what the assays are about/ are they too heavy.
I also wish you great success with your future !! I’m hoping you do really well.
Original post by january24
Hey,
Firstly thank you very much for your reply!!
Im also in year 11 and it’s part of my options but mine is worth 2 a levels, alongside with it I’m deciding to pick a level biology. I was just wondering if the course is fun and enjoyable because I don’t want to feel bored in this one lesson. I’ve researched which unis I can get into with it which I’m guessing is a good start but yeah I am just wondering how the lessons are and what the assays are about/ are they too heavy.
I also wish you great success with your future !! I’m hoping you do really well.

Hi!!

So as mine is just worth one A-Level I'm guessing our courses may be a little different but in all honesty some of the essays I've had to do have been pretty long. They weren't necessarily hard - just took a lot of time and effort to complete. Just as an example, I've had to do a unit on sport psychology and those assignments have been several pages long, whereas I've done other units where the essays weren't as long but I've had to do more of them. It all depends really but if the units you cover are things you're interested in then you should be just fine!
*Also Sport with Biology is a really good mix, though they're quite content heavy, they go well together (I do both too at the moment)!

Hope this has helped and all the best to you too! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by imeumoabasi
Hi!!

So as mine is just worth one A-Level I'm guessing our courses may be a little different but in all honesty some of the essays I've had to do have been pretty long. They weren't necessarily hard - just took a lot of time and effort to complete. Just as an example, I've had to do a unit on sport psychology and those assignments have been several pages long, whereas I've done other units where the essays weren't as long but I've had to do more of them. It all depends really but if the units you cover are things you're interested in then you should be just fine!
*Also Sport with Biology is a really good mix, though they're quite content heavy, they go well together (I do both too at the moment)!

Hope this has helped and all the best to you too! :smile:

Ahh this is great. I feel much more comfortable and sort of relieved about my options now!! Yes I agree with you they both do have some heavy content, oh well 🤷🏻*♀️. Thank you very much !!
Best wishes to you !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending