The Student Room Group

Introverts prefer winter and extroverts prefer summer?

Anyone else think this? Everyone I know who’s extroverted loves summer and me and all the introverted people I know prefer winter? I think it’s because summer feels like so much pressure to always have plans

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
99% agree

( there's always one)
That is not true, at least not for this introvert. I am fond of my own company, and do not wish to be amongst a crowd of people, hence I hate my city centre, as it is always too packed. I prefer a quiet little place. Anyway, I much prefer the summer, as the winter is far too cold. Albeit I am English, and it is well known that the sun rarely shines in the UK.
if that was true, ambiverts would enjoy both?
I'm an ambivert but I hate the winter, so I guess that theory doesn't work.
as an introvert, i very much agree. and i think this because, like you said, you usually don't go abroad/ party during the winter - well, at least i don't.
Summer is a time where you go to the park, picnics, theme parks etc and there are soooo many people there. so summer is a no from me <3
Introvert and I hate hot weather.

You can't do anything against it. If it's cold you wear more - a jacket, beanie, gloves, etc. What r u gonna do when it's hot? go butt naked? you'll still be uncomfortably, painfully warm. You also sweat more for no reason which is ew.

The only solution is air conditioner and not going out :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
the more i think about this, the truer it is :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by Lauododns
Anyone else think this? Everyone I know who’s extroverted loves summer and me and all the introverted people I know prefer winter? I think it’s because summer feels like so much pressure to always have plans

I’m kind of intro and extroverted, but yeah I think ur right. I love summer the most
I'm introverted and absolutely love the Summer.
Reply 9
The weather has a big impact on my mood. I really struggle with depression during the dark winter months. I feel like a totally different (for the better) person when the sun is out, so I love the summer, but I would consider myself an introvert.
Reply 10
Original post by Geniuses_
That is not true, at least not for this introvert. I am fond of my own company, and do not wish to be amongst a crowd of people, hence I hate my city centre, as it is always too packed. I prefer a quiet little place. Anyway, I much prefer the summer, as the winter is far too cold. Albeit I am English, and it is well known that the sun rarely shines in the UK.

Same, I agree with u.
Reply 11
Original post by Steve H
The weather has a big impact on my mood. I really struggle with depression during the dark winter months. I feel like a totally different (for the better) person when the sun is out, so I love the summer, but I would consider myself an introvert.

Fr I don’t like winter unless it snows
Original post by Steve H

I'm the same.

It would seem logical but no not necessarily
Yep I think this is true; am an introvert can confirm I prefer winter and cold af countries

There are only two types of people in the world; those who can handle the cold and wimps :wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
I am an Introvert person, but I don't like the winter and prefer hot weather.
Reply 16

I'm an introvert, I look forward to summer and despise winter...
Me = Introvert

Also Me = Prefers winter

Half Life 3 Confirmed
Reply 18
Original post by Qxi.xli
if that was true, ambiverts would enjoy both?
I'm an ambivert but I hate the winter, so I guess that theory doesn't work.

This deduction is extremely poor.

You are not only quantifying the level of introvercy, you are also assuming it is a linear scale!

He never said anything about ambiverts!
Reply 19
Original post by Krsto
Fr I don’t like winter unless it snows

Snow is gay

Quick Reply

Latest