The Student Room Group

I gave up on love

I was not made for loving anybody. Nobody was made for loving me. I gave up on love because of my short posture, I am only 5'6. No girl would even consider dating someone of my height, so please do not leave no comments saying that you would, because I know you're only trying to make me feel better about myself. Height does matter, so when some say it is irrelevant, they are hiding behind their lies. I gave up on love because I know that love gave up on me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was not made for loving anybody. Nobody was made for loving me. I gave up on love because of my short posture, I am only 5'6. No girl would even consider dating someone of my height, so please do not leave no comments saying that you would, because I know you're only trying to make me feel better about myself. Height does matter, so when some say it is irrelevant, they are hiding behind their lies. I gave up on love because I know that love gave up on me.

So what do you want anyone here to tell you? Is there a point to this thread?
Yup, no one will ever love you with that mindset, what do you want us to do, feel bad and pity you?
Reply 3
Original post by Foxehh
So what do you want anyone here to tell you? Is there a point to this thread?

This thread is much similar to love, it is pointless. I am merely ranting.
Reply 4
Original post by iamthicccccc1405
Yup, no one will ever love you with that mindset, what do you want us to do, feel bad and pity you?

:nah: nope, as I said I am only ranting.
Attachment not found
Reply 6
This thread is much similar to love, it is pointless. I am merely ranting.

Right... Thread would better fit in reddit's r/im14andthisisdeep.
Confidence is very attractive, clearly you lack that and are getting way too into your insecurities to realise that someone will actually want to be with you. Unlearn this mentality or you’ll push away every potential admirer/love interest. Just wait.

alright.
Reply 9
Original post by DiamondDia
Confidence is very attractive, clearly you lack that and are getting way too into your insecurities to realise that someone will actually want to be with you. Unlearn this mentality or you’ll push away every potential admirer/love interest. Just wait.

The only type of girls that would even look twice at me, belong in the nut house. Confidence maybe key, but as I said love was not made for me. I have had a girlfriend once before, but we both made each other unhappy, and so I learnt to hate love and affection.
I think the fact that theres a lot of guys who are 5'6 guys and shorter who have been in relationships so I think you've just convinced yourself that that is the reason when it's clearly not...
I probably never will be released from this mindset. I am often told I need counselling, I often find short term solutions at the bottom of a bottle. Things suddenly become a lot clear after a few jars. Anyway, I appreciate you trying to cheer me up.
Right, so I will go and steal from the Bank of England, and suddenly a lot of women will become interested in me? I don't think so. Money is not everything.
There are loads of women who like short guys OP I even see them posting here on TSR
I prefer shorter guys to tall guys and have dated a man who was 5 ft 6 ins or smaller.

His height didn't bother me, but it bothered the hell out of him.
I'm 5'7" and overweight, but I still managed to get partner. Don't give up so easily!
I'm 5'7" and overweight, but I still managed to get partner. Don't give up so easily!

This is my comment. I don't know why it was on anonymous.
The only type of girls that would even look twice at me, belong in the nut house. Confidence maybe key, but as I said love was not made for me. I have had a girlfriend once before, but we both made each other unhappy, and so I learnt to hate love and affection.

Maybe this is why you don’t get any girls.
(edited 3 years ago)
I am a pessimistic, thus I tend to look for the worst in most scenarios. I wish I was more of an optimistic, but they are often left disappointed, as they set their hearts on something happening, which never does. As I said, I have had a gf, but we made each other happy, and how I act or feel today is based on that relationship.
I am a pessimistic, thus I tend to look for the worst in most scenarios. I wish I was more of an optimistic, but they are often left disappointed, as they set their hearts on something happening, which never does. As I said, I have had a gf, but we made each other unhappy, and how I act or feel today is based on that relationship.

Corrected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending