The Student Room Group

Barclays Higher/Graduate Apprenticeships - 2021

Hello, apologies if there is already a post however I didn't see one so I wanted to make this.

I'm currently applying for the Glasgow Graduate Technology Developer (Software Engineering) apprenticeship and I am awaiting details of the final assessment phase.

Is anybody else applying for an apprenticeship with Barclays?

Scroll to see replies

I have applied. Doing the assessment in a week or two.
Reply 2
Original post by Law Preserver
I have applied. Doing the assessment in a week or two.

I seen you on the JP Morgan thread, are you going for Glasgow technology developer? I got an email asking for my CV and was told somebody would be in touch but haven't heard anything yet, or do you mean the initial assessments?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Phi.re0
I seen you on the JP Morgan thread, are you going for Glasgow technology developer? I got an email asking for my CV and was told somebody would be in touch but haven't heard anything yet, or do you mean the initial assessments?

Yeah. I have applied for the technology developer apprenticeship. I applied as soon as applications opened, after submitting my CV I heard back about 5 days after but I think it will vary based on number of people they have to respond to. For the assessment, I mean the final assessment centre.
Reply 4
Original post by Law Preserver
Yeah. I have applied for the technology developer apprenticeship. I applied as soon as applications opened, after submitting my CV I heard back about 5 days after but I think it will vary based on number of people they have to respond to. For the assessment, I mean the final assessment centre.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Hi, did you guys do the online assessments yet and the video interview?
Reply 6
Original post by abdulthegreat20
Hi, did you guys do the online assessments yet and the video interview?

Yeah, onto the final stage now.
Original post by Phi.re0
Hello, apologies if there is already a post however I didn't see one so I wanted to make this.

I'm currently applying for the Glasgow Graduate Technology Developer (Software Engineering) apprenticeship and I am awaiting details of the final assessment phase.

Is anybody else applying for an apprenticeship with Barclays?

do you know this role have coding language challenge just curious
Reply 8
Original post by achieve526kk
do you know this role have coding language challenge just curious

As far as I know, there is no coding challenge but there might be one in a later stage than I am on, not sure.
Reply 9
I've got my two assessments scheduled for tomorrow, best of luck to anyone else.
Original post by Phi.re0
I've got my two assessments scheduled for tomorrow, best of luck to anyone else.

how are you preparing will there be coding technical test like
Reply 11
how are you preparing will there be coding technical test like

I've no idea unfortunately.
Reply 12
Hope today’s final assessment went well for everyone, good luck! I think it went well.
Original post by Phi.re0
Hope today’s final assessment went well for everyone, good luck! I think it went well.

was their any coding
Reply 14
was their any coding

I had to read some code and explain what it does
Original post by Phi.re0
I had to read some code and explain what it does

did you have to write any algorithms like using python etc
Reply 16
did you have to write any algorithms like using python etc

Nope
Original post by Phi.re0

Glad it went well! What was the layout of the day like inc the group activities/interview?
Reply 18
Original post by abdulthegreat20
Glad it went well! What was the layout of the day like inc the group activities/interview?

I had no group activities, just two 45 minute sessions, the first being a technical challenge and the second being an interview.
Original post by Phi.re0
I had no group activities, just two 45 minute sessions, the first being a technical challenge and the second being an interview.

What did the challenge and interview consist of?

Quick Reply