The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Geography Predictions

Anybody know where to find anything on this?

Scroll to see replies

I would also like to know!
Reply 2
Original post by student424
Anybody know where to find anything on this?

Original post by RoseRouge
I would also like to know!

Hi, did any of yous do the 2020 OCR geo paper, if so can you help me plzzz
Original post by 3908
Hi, did any of yous do the 2020 OCR geo paper, if so can you help me plzzz

have you done it yet? have you got any info on it at all?

ill let you know whats on it, i have mine this week
Reply 4
Original post by strawbewies_suck
have you done it yet? have you got any info on it at all?

ill let you know whats on it, i have mine this week

PLEASE ! what paper? + good luck :smile:
Original post by mollsb7
PLEASE ! what paper? + good luck :smile:

paper 1. np xx

lmk if you find anything out
Reply 6
paper 1. np xx

lmk if you find anything out

damnit i have paper 3 :/
Original post by mollsb7
damnit i have paper 3 :/

can you tell me whats on paper 1 pls. for earths life support systems and for coasts
Reply 8
can you tell me whats on paper 1 pls. for earths life support systems and for coasts

i don’t sit that until a few weeks sorry !!
Original post by mollsb7
i don’t sit that until a few weeks sorry !!

hey i have ocr geography 2019. do you have any info on ocr geography 2020?
Original post by bananasarelife
hey i have ocr geography 2019. do you have any info on ocr geography 2020?

Do you have OCR 2019 papers?
Original post by bananasarelife
hey i have ocr geography 2019. do you have any info on ocr geography 2020

Any chance you could send me the ocr geography papers for 2019? thankyou
Reply 12
hey ive tried to email but says address not found?
Original post by mollsb7
hey ive tried to email but says address not found?

you can pm me yours
Original post by 2019/20finder

Original post by Fedupheadache
Do you have OCR 2019 papers?

sorry guys, i realised i only have 2020. to find 2020, it's literally just the 2021 assessment materials which you can find on the ocr website
Original post by 2019/20finder

Hey not sure if this helps but I sat the 2019 paper 1 today and I can remember some of the questions. I did the coasts section so I hope that helps you.

Question 1 was a table with inputs and outputs for sediment cells and some basic maths. Just adding and subtracting and finding the mode basically.
Question 2 was 8 marks for explaining how energy flows affect the formation of a tombolo. I basically explained LSD and how this forms a spot and then a tombolo but tried to link it to energy levels in the waves where the sediment is deposited when it has less energy. I also mention how spits cannot cross a river mouth because of the higher energy levels in the water. Also dropped in that tombolos can be formed by sea level change but didn’t explain.
Question 3 was 16 marks on something like explain to what extent do you agree with the statement “geology is the most significant factor in forming coastal landscapes”. I had a really obscure case study so I won’t go into detail but I had an intro explaining the question and then my first paragraphs talked about the geology of the coastline. After this I mentioned the lithology, geomorphic processes, wave energy and other factors. My conclusions agreed with the statement as you can’t have a coastal landscape without geology basically.

Section B was the carbon and water cycles basically.
Question 1 had a climate graph for tundra that you needed to explain 3 disadvantages for. I basically made mine up and said something about not enough intervals and I can’t remember what else sorry. Oh that was 3 marks btw

Question 2 was 4 marks on explaining how temperature change affects one carbon store ski talked about permafrost and how that is a carbon sink but releases carbon when it thaws.

Question 3 was 10 marks on explaining how short term changes affect the water cycle. I think it was important to mention diurnal and seasonal changes for this and I talked about tundra and TRF for this.

Question 4 was 16 marks explaining if you agree with the statement “reducing emissions is the most important factor is preventing changes to the balance in our carbon cycle” (something along those lines anyway). I mentioned afforestation, reclaiming wetlands, carbon trading and legislation like the 1997 Kyoto agreement and 2015 Paris agreement.

If I could give any advice for this paper it’s make sure you leave time at the end for the long questions. I had to rush them and so couldn’t include much detail, so don’t waste time with coasts on section A. Overall the paper wasn’t that bad as long as you know the case studies and processes.

Hope this helps anyone that needs it and good luck :smile::smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by BennC2003
Hey not sure if this helps but I sat the 2019 paper 1 today and I can remember some of the questions. I did the coasts section so I hope that helps you.

Question 1 was a table with inputs and outputs for sediment cells and some basic maths. Just adding and subtracting and finding the mode basically.
Question 2 was 8 marks for explaining how energy flows affect the formation of a tombolo. I basically explained LSD and how this forms a spot and then a tombolo but tried to link it to energy levels in the waves where the sediment is deposited when it has less energy. I also mention how spits cannot cross a river mouth because of the higher energy levels in the water. Also dropped in that tombolos can be formed by sea level change but didn’t explain.
Question 3 was 16 marks on something like explain to what extent do you agree with the statement “geology is the most significant factor in forming coastal landscapes”. I had a really obscure case study so I won’t go into detail but I had an intro explaining the question and then my first paragraphs talked about the geology of the coastline. After this I mentioned the lithology, geomorphic processes, wave energy and other factors. My conclusions agreed with the statement as you can’t have a coastal landscape without geology basically.

Section B was the carbon and water cycles basically.
Question 1 had a climate graph for tundra that you needed to explain 3 disadvantages for. I basically made mine up and said something about not enough intervals and I can’t remember what else sorry. Oh that was 3 marks btw

Question 2 was 4 marks on explaining how temperature change affects one carbon store ski talked about permafrost and how that is a carbon sink but releases carbon when it thaws.

Question 3 was 10 marks on explaining how short term changes affect the water cycle. I think it was important to mention diurnal and seasonal changes for this and I talked about tundra and TRF for this.

Question 4 was 16 marks explaining if you agree with the statement “reducing emissions is the most important factor is preventing changes to the balance in our carbon cycle” (something along those lines anyway). I mentioned afforestation, reclaiming wetlands, carbon trading and legislation like the 1997 Kyoto agreement and 2015 Paris agreement.

If I could give any advice for this paper it’s make sure you leave time at the end for the long questions. I had to rush them and so couldn’t include much detail, so don’t waste time with coasts on section A. Overall the paper wasn’t that bad as long as you know the case studies and processes.

Hope this helps anyone that needs it and good luck :smile::smile:

hey, if you sit paper 2 could you please lmk what's in it. When i have time today, i'll type out what was on paper 3 for you
Yeah I sit paper 2 in about two weeks so I hope that’s soon enough for you. I can try and do some digging and find the questions before that and I’ll let you know. And yeah the paper 3 questions would be great if you have time cheers
Original post by BennC2003
Yeah I sit paper 2 in about two weeks so I hope that’s soon enough for you. I can try and do some digging and find the questions before that and I’ll let you know. And yeah the paper 3 questions would be great if you have time cheers

okay so i can tell you where to find them online.

1) Go on the OCR website
2) Use the search tool and search ‘2021 assessment materials’
3) You should get to this: https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/2021-assessment-materials-finder/
4) Download the geography folder

It has the 2018 released papers, the 2019 papers and the 2020 papers. enjoy :smile:
Hey i cant find the 2020 paper, any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending