The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin applicants 2020/2021?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HolaWorld
Hey guys. Long post aHead. Not sure if it’s the right thread but I figured u guys would be the most appropriate to help.

I am an international, non EU student who just got a conditional offer for Trinity College Dublin (Ireland) for 2021 entry in undergraduate medicine. However, in the offer, and from some conversation with alumini, I discovered that it’s quite difficult for international students to get internship opportunities at Ireland.

Can someone guide me to really understand how difficult it is for Ireland internship for medicine as international student? I am not able to find any statistics of how many international reservations there are or even possible for us to get internship at all
If I I am unable to get internship at Ireland after finishing my undergraduate, I plan to try to enter UK or USA and try to work there or try for internship there (foundation year in Uk not sure about USA) Does anyone know much about the process and how difficult it will be? By difficulty I mean how much prep will I need, and how much is expected of me
Last but definitely not least, my main priority was to apply for UK medicine, but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful this year (poor interview performance, average UCAT and BMAT results as international student). I wanted to ask you guys do I reject the offer from ireland and instead try for UCLan or Buckingham and if I fail there too, try for gap year next year? I know competition is only gonna get tougher, especially as international student , and am quite unsure how much I can really improve in 2 months (have ib board exams until end of may)
I gotta make a decision by next 2.weeks. Any advice, websites, anecdotes anything will be really helpful. Thank you for reading this.

Tough decision but have u applied elsewhere? When is your deadline to accept the conditional offer? Do u also have other offers? But if internship is your major concern, then i am afraid u may need to start looking out for other alternatives.
Do you thinkTrinity have given out most of their offers?

Applied in feb but I haven’t heard anything back. Maybe no news is bad news.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you thinkTrinity have given out most of their offers?

Applied in feb but I haven’t heard anything back. Maybe no news is bad news.

They don’t give offers like UCAS. You’ll only hear if you’ve got a place after the results are released in August. They’ll fill their places based on the results of the people who have applied. Generally this follows roughly the same pattern as previous years but the points can vary a bit.
Original post by magicmark1
They don’t give offers like UCAS. You’ll only hear if you’ve got a place after the results are released in August. They’ll fill their places based on the results of the people who have applied. Generally this follows roughly the same pattern as previous years but the points can vary a bit.

What about if you have your results when you apply?
When do you get your results?
What about if you have your results when you apply?
When do you get your results?

When you applied through CAO you should send them proof of your results. The places still aren’t offered until everyone’s results are in.
When you applied through CAO you should send them proof of your results. The places still aren’t offered until everyone’s results are in.

Many thanks,
I did send all results with with my application. I guess it’s just waiting now.
Take care
I did send all documents, references and translated grades through CAO.
How do they deal with accommodation, visas, paper work etc if they don’t give offers out until mid August.

I can’t sort anything out this end until such time I know if I have been successful.
I can’t give up my flat until I know, at least four weeks notice.

Crossing my fingers I hear something soon.
I did send all documents, references and translated grades through CAO.
How do they deal with accommodation, visas, paper work etc if they don’t give offers out until mid August.

I can’t sort anything out this end until such time I know if I have been successful.
I can’t give up my flat until I know, at least four weeks notice.

Crossing my fingers I hear something soon.

Ok, so you’re not an EU/UK applicant. I’m not sure how international applications work. Perhaps check with TCD’s academic registry.

I think you can make an application for accommodation at TCD now, check the accommodation section of their website. First years generally apply for Trinity Hall. You’ll be offered a provisional place in accommodation which will be confirmed with your place on the course.
Ok, so you’re not an EU/UK applicant. I’m not sure how international applications work. Perhaps check with TCD’s academic registry.

I think you can make an application for accommodation at TCD now, check the accommodation section of their website. First years generally apply for Trinity Hall. You’ll be offered a provisional place in accommodation which will be confirmed with your place on the course.

Good idea,
Thanks for your reply. I am an eu applicant, I am studying in France at the moment.
Hi! UK student here.
Does anyone know anything about maintenance loans for Irish unis. I've heard that UK students can't get loans, is this true? I've got an Irish passport if that helps.
Hi! UK student here.
Does anyone know anything about maintenance loans for Irish unis. I've heard that UK students can't get loans, is this true? I've got an Irish passport if that helps.

I know Northern Irish students can apply for maintenance loans through NISF, perhaps check with SFE if that’s your finance organisation. I don’t think you can apply for maintenance through the Irish organisations though, even with an Irish passport.

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on the process in applying accommodation at trinity hall, e.g. how to apply, is there a deposit to pay, if it's refundable.
Original post by ongong0170
If you don't mind, can you elaborate on the process in applying accommodation at trinity hall, e.g. how to apply, is there a deposit to pay, if it's refundable.

You apply at https://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/

You’ll need to provide a short statement about yourself. I think the use this to try to put you in rooms with similar people.

There’s no initial deposit to pay. Later (maybe June/July) you’ll get confirmation that you have a provisional place in Trinity Hall. This will be confirmed once you receive a round 1 offer of a place at TCD in mid/late August.
You apply at https://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/

You’ll need to provide a short statement about yourself. I think the use this to try to put you in rooms with similar people.

There’s no initial deposit to pay. Later (maybe June/July) you’ll get confirmation that you have a provisional place in Trinity Hall. This will be confirmed once you receive a round 1 offer of a place at TCD in mid/late August.

Thanks
Hey there! Sorry I know this doesn’t answer your question but would you be able to explain to me how your interview with Trinity went please?

I have asked about Trinity collage offers on here and been told they don’t give offers out until August.
Obviously not the case.
I am now a little confused
I have asked about Trinity collage offers on here and been told they don’t give offers out until August.
Obviously not the case.
I am now a little confused

For non-EU/UK/Ireland applicants there is a different process. Anyone applying through the normal CAO process will be August.
For non-EU/UK/Ireland applicants there is a different process. Anyone applying through the normal CAO process will be August.

Ok, applying from France here.Applied through the CAO process.
Many thanks
Reply 97
Does anyone know if they prioritize the applicants from specific agencies like IUMC, as I have heard nothing back and as being an international applicant, I applied directly to their website but still haven't heard anything back, but people who applied through IUMC have already recieved offers.
Ok, applying from France here.Applied through the CAO process.
Many thanks

So difficult to make any arrangements or plans if they don’t give offers until August.
So difficult to make any arrangements or plans if they don’t give offers until August.

Do you have other offers at hand?

Quick Reply

Latest