The Student Room Group

Hardest A Level Subject

I just want to know what peoples opinions are on what the hardest A Level Subject is?

Scroll to see replies

I definitely think further maths is the hardest because you have to also take a level maths

respect to people who put themselves through that
Original post by samcarolinx
I definitely think further maths is the hardest because you have to also take a level maths

respect to people who put themselves through that

Yeahh I'm in that position :frown: luckily it does make A level maths easier
i do bio chem and physics and chemistry by far is the hardest subject, especially in year 2
Original post by Black Sensei
I just want to know what peoples opinions are on what the hardest A Level Subject is?

Without a doubt, Chemistry. It has been the bane of my existence throughout my a-level experience. I can't wait to get my grades and leave behind this horrendous subject for good.
Original post by dank0209
i do bio chem and physics and chemistry by far is the hardest subject, especially in year 2

What's it like doing all 3 of the sciences?

further maths, the people who do that are big brains
Original post by wokirow
Without a doubt, Chemistry. It has been the bane of my existence throughout my a-level experience. I can't wait to get my grades and leave behind this horrendous subject for good.

😭 i'm choosing chem
Original post by wokirow

Wow😂 I don't think I've came across someone who likes Chemistry yet
Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
further maths, the people who do that are big brains

I can tell you that so far the subject is not easy 😭
I've heard that A-Level History is hard, unsure yet whether that's true
Wow😂 I don't think I've came across someone who likes Chemistry yet

Anyone who enjoys a-level Chemistry is a masochist. I wish I was joking, but it's that bad.
Original post by wokirow
Anyone who enjoys a-level Chemistry is a masochist. I wish I was joking, but it's that bad.

Hey :angry:

Who're you calling a masochist??
Original post by LoveAmore
I've heard that A-Level History is hard, unsure yet whether that's true

Not to put down essay-based subjects, but things like English Lit, History, Religious Studies, etc. are significantly easier than their Science and Maths counter parts. I did English Lit in my first year and it was a piece of cake compared to my other three subjects.

If you want the easy route, go for the soft essay subjects.
Original post by mra1108
Hey :angry:

Who're you calling a masochist??

YOU, YOU ARE THE MASOCHIST. How on EARTH do you enjoy a subject as horrible as Chemistry?! THAT IS NOT NORMAL

Biology will always hail as the best Science because it is literal Heaven to sit down and do a Bio paper, knowing you're definitely going to do great. Chemistry is always an anxiety filled cluster**** mess where you have no clue if you even know the whole spec, and even if you do, there's no point, because you will still fail the exam.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
I think different people will find different subjects " harder". It depends on your strengths. My daughter did Physics, chemistry, maths and biology and found biology the hardest. Another daughter did maths, FM, chemistry and physics and found physics the hardest.
It seems that people automatically assume that STEM subjects are harder, yet it is far more difficult to get A* in history at A level than it is at maths. My youngest daughter is taking RS, German , history and maths. She finds maths the easiest and history the hardest, but her friend ( doing the exact same subjects) finds German the hardest and history the easiest.
Original post by wokirow
YOU, YOU ARE THE MASOCHIST. How on EARTH do you enjoy a subject as horrible as Chemistry?! THAT IS NOT NORMAL

But it's such a fun subject (well, aside from transition metals, I will accept that they are awful) :biggrin: At least it's one of the last topics so you can enjoy the subject for as long as possible I guess!
Original post by wokirow

HEY! From my perspective, Chemistry is Always my favourite subject :u: and you can't do anything 'bout that.:angry:

Spoiler

FURTHER MATHS hands down. It's the hardest **** I've ever had to learn
(edited 3 years ago)
I've always thought something like history would be hardest, I only did one semi-essay subject and that was bad enough, can't imagine doing a pure essay subject with coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest