The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So this question is kind of about preference for how girls with guys height. So how many inches would you like your boyfriend to be taller than you? If you could let me know a minimum required and a preferred one that would be great. Example 3 inches minimum and 5 preferred.

Thanks

This question will vary for every single girl on the planet lmao. If you're trying to figure out an average then there's no point because chances are a girl you meet will think completely different. Some girls don't care that much about height. In fact, I wouldn't mind for a guy to be my height (Im about 5'6). My boyfriend is a few inches taller than me only, about 5'10 and I don't really care unless he's shorter when I wear heels, which hasn't been a problem thus far :biggrin:
Theres no point trying to work out an average because there are going to be wildly different answers.
I don't think anyone really cares that much or looks into it that deeply - most girls prefer their boyfriend to be taller yes, but I don't think that they have a precise requirement.
This tends to be something that only younger people worry about - no one really cares at the end of the day. I'm 5'3 and have dated guys ranging from 5'7 to 6'2 and not because I was looking for those specific heights, they just happened to be the height they are - it wasn't a prerequisite for dating them. Height really isn't that important - If you like someone, you're not going to throw the whole thing away because they're not exactly 3 inches taller than you.
(edited 3 years ago)
So this question is kind of about preference for how girls with guys height. So how many inches would you like your boyfriend to be taller than you? If you could let me know a minimum required and a preferred one that would be great. Example 3 inches minimum and 5 preferred.

Thanks

He has to be taller than me when I'm wearing heels, so minimum 6 inches, preferred 8 to 10 inches. I'm 5'3 tho.
Varies according to the specific girl.
Different girls have different opinions, attraction dealbreakers and relationship preferences.

I date guys of 5'4 and taller.
I'm 5'1, wear high heels.
I wouldn't date a very tall guy with such a large height gap that I would be struggling to kiss him on tiptoe and risk being mistaken for his little sister.
He has to be taller than me when I'm wearing heels, so minimum 6 inches, preferred 8 to 10 inches. I'm 5'3 tho.

^This is why I don't believe in God
Reply 6
What's with all the height threads lol
This will vary a lot. I think the only consistent requirement is that the boy needs to be taller. Exactly how many inches will vary tbh.

But in general, tall height is a positive thing for boys.
As a guy I prefer my girls to be at least 165cm tall but the taller the better. Won’t even consider anyone shorter unless they got something to offer like being smart, athletic, great body, etc. Girls can be picky why can’t us guys be?
Just a few inches taller than me is fine, and i am 5 ft 1. Most guys are at least 5 inches taller anyways.
Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy
^This is why I don't believe in God

? 5'8/175 cm - 6'0/185 cm is a pretty standard (commonly met) height for men

This what I really don’t get about petite girls as to why they think they’re so special and can be superficial but if a guy was like that we’d be drummed out of town.
This what I really don’t get about petite girls as to why they think they’re so special and can be superficial but if a guy was like that we’d be drummed out of town.

if you think that a girl wanting her boyfriend to be taller than her is being "special" and "superficial" then I don't think you're ready for a relationship :rolleyes: also you've got the wrong person here, cause I personally don't see anything wrong men not wanting to date too fat/too short/too tall women or whatever - there's nothing wrong with wanting to be attracted to the person you're dating.

all relationships are superficial to an extent - the relationship is doomed if you're not physically attracted to the person you're dating
? 5'8/175 cm - 6'0/185 cm is a pretty standard (commonly met) height for men

It's not the height preference I fall in that range myself. It's that I barely make the cut for a girl who's an entire 6 inches or so shorter than me. Depressing.
As long as he's taller than me when I'm wearing my heels. I'm 5''5 and my boyfriend is 6''5. Honestly my neck really hurts from looking up at him all the time.
Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy
It's not the height preference I fall in that range myself. It's that I barely make the cut for a girl who's an entire 6 inches or so shorter than me. Depressing.

Why are you getting depressed over the preferences of one single girl who you don't even know
all relationships are superficial to an extent - the relationship is doomed if you're not physically attracted to the person you're dating

Bless you little girl. Sure physical attraction has to be a think. Petite girls aren't really attractive unless they're like gymnasts or East-Asian etc. But relationships are more than attraction.

For example I'm not going to marry some leggy bimbo that's great in the bedroom but thick as a plank. She'd be a bad example for kids (not to mention the genetics) and an embarrassment to introduce to the family.

Hence why I said if a girl is short they got to offer something to make up for that. So if I don't know they were a 5'3 doctor then yeah that might be ok.
if you think that a girl wanting her boyfriend to be taller than her is being "special" and "superficial" then I don't think you're ready for a relationship :rolleyes: also you've got the wrong person here, cause I personally don't see anything wrong men not wanting to date too fat/too short/too tall women or whatever - there's nothing wrong with wanting to be attracted to the person you're dating.

I have no issue at all with women wanting to date someone taller. I do think there is a double standard though, in that men would be heavily criticised if they were as openly fussy about eg breast size or weight in a potential partner. Eg on Tinder it is reasonably common for women to express a strict height requirement (which is fine, it is up to them). A man would be widely decried as being misogynistic if he had a strict breast size cutoff, for example.

You don't merely want someone who's taller you have very specific inch preferences. It's like a guy going I don't date girls with breasts smaller than 38DD and waist larger than 28 inches.

Latest

Trending

Trending