The Student Room Group

geography NEA help

Can anyone please help me with ideas on what to do for my geography NEA, I want to study psychology at uni and I have absolutely no idea how I can link this into my NEA - thanks

** I’m also doing Edexcel is that’s any help
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Something to do with psychogeography, feelings of place or emotional attachment to place? How different people based on age, gender, sexuality, role, religion and other social factors influence how people interact or understand different places perhaps?
Original post by Ðeggs
Something to do with psychogeography, feelings of place or emotional attachment to place? How different people based on age, gender, sexuality, role, religion and other social factors influence how people interact or understand different places perhaps?

I done my NEA a few years back and got an A. This idea is good, would definitely recommend! Possibly attaching something like how gentrification for example has affected people in a specific area. That way you can incorporate some secondary data and possibly do some statistical analysis.

here's an example: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/AQA-70373-NEA-G.PDF
AQA has a few others online too. They helped guide mine (even though I did OCR).
Original post by Ðeggs

this is really helpful thank you
Good luck
Reply 5
Original post by maisiesmythe
Can anyone please help me with ideas on what to do for my geography NEA, I want to study psychology at uni and I have absolutely no idea how I can link this into my NEA - thanks

** I’m also doing Edexcel is that’s any help

I got an A* for mine, tbh I would not focus so much on making tenuous links but what will give you the highest marks. I’ve looked at loads over the past few years and the ones that do the best tend to be physical geography NEAs as it’s far easier to collect primary data (e.g. for glaciation or a coastal erosion project). Saying that, of course you can still do well with a human geography project but make sure it’s something you’re very confident about and actually enjoy researching. Human geography is very different at a level (compared to at university)
we did human geography its way easier as you can bring in more aspects of the spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending