The Student Room Group

Pre Settled Migrant Worker

Hi,

I'm an EU citizen with pre-settled status currently self-employed in the UK for the past year.

I'm applying for student finance on the basis of being a EEA migrant worker. However it is my second degree (Medicine), so am only eligible for a maintenance loan.

Am I right in thinking that the criteria is as follows

1. EU Citizen with Status
2. Ordinary residence for past 3 years (even if those 3 years was spent in full time education)
3. Employed/Self Employed

Just checking the criteria is different for EU Nationals V EU migrant workers as regard to the 3 year period being for the purposes of full time education? I know EU nationals cannot have been in the UK mainly for full time education, but I think that is different for EEA migrant workers?

Also I have seen the PN1 form is available online, are EU students able to apply already?

Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by j5994
Hi,

I'm an EU citizen with pre-settled status currently self-employed in the UK for the past year.

I'm applying for student finance on the basis of being a EEA migrant worker. However it is my second degree (Medicine), so am only eligible for a maintenance loan.

Am I right in thinking that the criteria is as follows

1. EU Citizen with Status
2. Ordinary residence for past 3 years (even if those 3 years was spent in full time education)
3. Employed/Self Employed

Just checking the criteria is different for EU Nationals V EU migrant workers as regard to the 3 year period being for the purposes of full time education? I know EU nationals cannot have been in the UK mainly for full time education, but I think that is different for EEA migrant workers?

Also I have seen the PN1 form is available online, are EU students able to apply already?

Thanks for your help :smile:

Hi there,

If you wish to apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to meet the following criteria;

- An EU/EEA or Swiss National
- Have been granted Pre Settled Status prior to the first day of the first AY of your course
- Ordinary resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA and Switzerland for at least 3 years prior to the start of your course
- Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of your course
- Be working throughout the students studies

Do you meet the following?

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

If you wish to apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to meet the following criteria;

- An EU/EEA or Swiss National
- Have been granted Pre Settled Status prior to the first day of the first AY of your course
- Ordinary resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA and Switzerland for at least 3 years prior to the start of your course
- Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of your course
- Be working throughout the students studies

Do you meet the following?

Thanks, Amy

Hi Amy yes I do.

I was just wondering as I have been a student for 2/3 of the last three years and I know for EU nationals they are required to have ordinary residence for 3 years (Unless the primary purpose of residence was for full time education)

But for Migrant worker, it seems different, so I would still be eligible even if I was mainly resident for full time education?

I wasn't only here for study, just worried it might seem that way.

Are the applications open yet?

Original post by j5994
Hi Amy yes I do.

I was just wondering as I have been a student for 2/3 of the last three years and I know for EU nationals they are required to have ordinary residence for 3 years (Unless the primary purpose of residence was for full time education)

But for Migrant worker, it seems different, so I would still be eligible even if I was mainly resident for full time education?

I wasn't only here for study, just worried it might seem that way.

Are the applications open yet?

If you are going to be applying as a Migrant Worker in the 21/22 academic year you can apply now.

You can find the paper PN1 form to complete here.

From the 21/22 academic years to be eligible for home funding EU Nationals need to have Settled Status in the UK. They need to meet the following criteria;

- EUSSILR was granted prior to the first day of the first AY of their course
- Have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for the three years prior to the first day of the first AY of their course
- Are ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first AY of the course

Thanks, Amy
Reply 4
Sorry Amy one last question!

I'm filling out the form and I live with my stepmother who is a UK National. Does this mean something different for me? It tells me to skip the question about settled/pre-settled status.

Do stepparents count as a 'family member'?
Original post by j5994
Sorry Amy one last question!

I'm filling out the form and I live with my stepmother who is a UK National. Does this mean something different for me? It tells me to skip the question about settled/pre-settled status.

Do stepparents count as a 'family member'?

Hi,

A family member of a UK national can be;

Spouse or civil partner
Child, step-child or adoptive child (under 21)
Child, step-child or adoptive child (who is over 21 AND dependent on the UK national)
Parent, step-parent or adoptive parent (who is dependent on the UK national)
Grandparent or grandchild (who is dependent on the UK national)

Thanks, Amy
Reply 6
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi,

A family member of a UK national can be;

Spouse or civil partner
Child, step-child or adoptive child (under 21)
Child, step-child or adoptive child (who is over 21 AND dependent on the UK national)
Parent, step-parent or adoptive parent (who is dependent on the UK national)
Grandparent or grandchild (who is dependent on the UK national)

Thanks, Amy

Hi again Amy,

I'm compiling evidence for my self employment and am just wondering are receipts accepted in lieu of invoices?

I sell online and have receipts for all of my sales, but invoices aren't available as the buyers have already paid.

Thanks
Original post by j5994
Hi again Amy,

I'm compiling evidence for my self employment and am just wondering are receipts accepted in lieu of invoices?

I sell online and have receipts for all of my sales, but invoices aren't available as the buyers have already paid.

Thanks

Hi,

If you are self-employed we would ask for the last 3 months invoices/receipts and corresponding bank statements (if available). If unable to provide these, we can also accept a Profit and Loss from an accountant for the relevant period.

Do you also have a UTR letter to confirm you are self-employed with HMRC?

Thanks, Amy
Reply 8
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi,

If you are self-employed we would ask for the last 3 months invoices/receipts and corresponding bank statements (if available). If unable to provide these, we can also accept a Profit and Loss from an accountant for the relevant period.

Do you also have a UTR letter to confirm you are self-employed with HMRC?

Thanks, Amy

Hi I have my invoices, however there is lots of sensitive information about my customers (names, addresses.) Am I ok to redact this information?

And yes I do as well as recent tax return
Original post by j5994
Hi I have my invoices, however there is lots of sensitive information about my customers (names, addresses.) Am I ok to redact this information?

And yes I do as well as recent tax return

Yes, you can redact this information, we may also ask for a copy of your UTR if you could send this along with your application.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending