The Student Room Group

Writing a Screenplay

So, I love writing screenplays and just letting out my ideas for a show or movie onto a page. It's something I'm very passionate about and love doing so it would be a dream to screen write professionally in the future. Is there any way that I could make my work known?
Can't think exactly how mate, as I'm burnt out at the moment, but I too have such a passion. Are you doing A-Level Film Studies or a similar course? For my coursework, we had to write a screenplay and I got 56/60 on mine and nominated for the best screenplay award :biggrin:
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
Can't think exactly how mate, as I'm burnt out at the moment, but I too have such a passion. Are you doing A-Level Film Studies or a similar course? For my coursework, we had to write a screenplay and I got 56/60 on mine and nominated for the best screenplay award :biggrin:

That's so cool man, I've done some research and all I've found out is entering competitions or getting an agent which as you might imagine, would be pretty tough. Unfortunately not, my school doesn't offer A-level Film Studies:frown: It offers Media Studies but that's more to do with Magazines and Newspapers. That's actually so insane, well done mate! What was it about?
Original post by WolfofGatsby
That's so cool man, I've done some research and all I've found out is entering competitions or getting an agent which as you might imagine, would be pretty tough. Unfortunately not, my school doesn't offer A-level Film Studies:frown: It offers Media Studies but that's more to do with Magazines and Newspapers. That's actually so insane, well done mate! What was it about?

Sorry for the late reply; my script was for the opening sequence of a feature (it was only 1300 words long I believe). It was a horror/sci-fi based on a true event which occured in 1952, in West Virginia. You can read about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster

Woah that is amazingg. Do u mind posting it please so I can read it to see what a top grade screenplay looks likeCan’t find anywhere online! Will be so much help!
Original post by Anonymous
Woah that is amazingg. Do u mind posting it please so I can read it to see what a top grade screenplay looks likeCan’t find anywhere online! Will be so much help!

Erm...I was 17 when I last posted in this thread XD I'm nearly 20 now and have written much better screenplays. One of my most recent ones was actually published on my University's creative writing blog. As that's in the public domain anyway I could certainly send you a link to that one if you like? Surprised to see this thread dug up, but hey - whatever you need to help you out :wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
Erm...I was 17 when I last posted in this thread XD I'm nearly 20 now and have written much better screenplays. One of my most recent ones was actually published on my University's creative writing blog. As that's in the public domain anyway I could certainly send you a link to that one if you like? Surprised to see this thread dug up, but hey - whatever you need to help you out :wink:

Yes please do! Anything to help. And sorry I didn’t even look at the date it was posted! My bad
Original post by Anonymous
Yes please do! Anything to help. And sorry I didn’t even look at the date it was posted! My bad

Yeah, crazy how much life can change in 3 years XD Anyway, here's that link I mentioned, enjoy:

https://www.theeldonreview.com/fear-the-void

Quick Reply

Latest