The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

how long does central saint martins UAL usually take to assess portfolios

I'm an international student who's applying for the foundation diploma at CSM. I submitted my portfolio on March 19th. I was wondering how long did it usually take for them to get back to me? Especially now that they have cancelled all interviews. Apparently, they assess international students separately from UK students?
it should take 2 weeks to a month for you to hear back from them x
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
It takes them twenty minutes to walk round a class room full of around twenty students' portfolios, anything longer and they likely aren't interested.

You can always apply another year, just do something impressive and they'll spend more time considering you, it's a hard place to get into, for the fashion degree course anyway.

Good luck !
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by libostance
It takes them twenty minutes to walk round a class room full of around twenty students' portfolios, anything longer and they likely aren't interested.

You can always apply another year, just do something impressive and they'll spend more time considering you, it's a hard place to get into, for the fashion degree course anyway.

Good luck !

how flippant! OP, from what i've heard, it's taken them ~2 months to respond to applications--though if i'm correct, there's a deadline within the next 2 weeks by which they'll have to respond. hold tight, it's taking forever!
Original post by princessbento
how flippant! OP, from what i've heard, it's taken them ~2 months to respond to applications--though if i'm correct, there's a deadline within the next 2 weeks by which they'll have to respond. hold tight, it's taking forever!

You've never been through CSM's interview process. I have.
You've never been through CSM's interview process. I have.

and? if you're listening, it's unlikely that your previous experience with CSM's interview process is very relevant this year, given that there aren't any interviews. the online portals for every student who has reported having received a response from CSM so far have been updated about 2-3 months after portfolio submission. btw global warming is real lol
and? if you're listening, it's unlikely that your previous experience with CSM's interview process is very relevant this year, given that there aren't any interviews. the online portals for every student who has reported having received a response from CSM so far have been updated about 2-3 months after portfolio submission. btw global warming is real lol

What do you mean "and". What are you five years old, back chatting your parents who didn't bring you up properly.

The fact is it takes mere seconds for them to decide.
What do you mean "and". What are you five years old, back chatting your parents who didn't bring you up properly.

The fact is it takes mere seconds for them to decide.

right, again, OP is not inquiring as to how long it takes for them to decide, they're asking how long it'll take for CSM to get back to them, and regardless of whether the decision takes an hour or three seconds, the applicants haven't been RECEIVING their decisions for 2-3 months after their submission. you sound mad bitter my love
right, again, OP is not inquiring as to how long it takes for them to decide, they're asking how long it'll take for CSM to get back to them, and regardless of whether the decision takes an hour or three seconds, the applicants haven't been RECEIVING their decisions for 2-3 months after their submission. you sound mad bitter my love

I am telling you that I know these people and they don't care. CSM is inundated at the international level, and they've a cutthroat culture of sink or swim, so it's best to prepare for the worst.

They will dismiss someone's portfolio in seconds.
I am telling you that I know these people and they don't care. CSM is inundated at the international level, and they've a cutthroat culture of sink or swim, so it's best to prepare for the worst.

and i'm telling you that that has nothing to do with the question...
and i'm telling you that that has nothing to do with the question...

I'm trying to be tactful.

This isn't true at all. I applied in November and heard back from them at the end of January, don't listen to them.
Original post by motherd3arest
This isn't true at all. I applied in November and heard back from them at the end of January, don't listen to them.

Did they let you in ?
Are you in fashion pathway and did you got the offer? Thank you!!
Did they let you in ?

yes but i declined their offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending