The Student Room Group

Funding for Graduate Students

Does anyone have any experience contacted Student Finance England for tuition fees for a second Uk degree?
Original post by Smith9640
Does anyone have any experience contacted Student Finance England for tuition fees for a second Uk degree?

Good Afternoon,

Which course are you looking to study? Is it full-time or part-time?

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Reply 2
Original post by Shaun SFE
Good Afternoon,

Which course are you looking to study? Is it full-time or part-time?

Warm Regards,

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,
Full Time ,Medicine and Surgery at UCLan, 2021 entry.
My previous degree was a long time ago, in 2006.
Hi Shaun,
Full Time ,Medicine and Surgery at UCLan, 2021 entry.
My previous degree was a long time ago, in 2006.

Thanks.

You would be eligible to apply for a Maintenance Loan for the first 4 years of the course. In the 5th year you would get a reduced rate Maintenance Loan but you are entitled to an NHS income assessed bursary.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Reply 4
Hi Shaun,

So essentially, I'm not entitled to apply for a student loan to cover tuition fees because I've previously had an undergrad loan. Correct?
What if.... I was able to pay off the remainder of my previous undergrad loan in a lump sum. Then would I be eligible to apply to SFE for tuition loan for my medicine degree for Sept 2021?

Thanks.
Hi Shaun,

So essentially, I'm not entitled to apply for a student loan to cover tuition fees because I've previously had an undergrad loan. Correct?
What if.... I was able to pay off the remainder of my previous undergrad loan in a lump sum. Then would I be eligible to apply to SFE for tuition loan for my medicine degree for Sept 2021?

Thanks.

Hi there,

As you have an ELQ then you would not be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan. You would be eligible to apply for a Maintenance Loan for the first 4 years of the course. In the 5th year you would get a reduced rate Maintenance Loan, but you are entitled to an NHS income assessed bursary.

If you were to study a Graduate Entry Medicine course, they are not subject to ELQ and previous study rules. If that were an option for you.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending