The Student Room Group

How is Romeo presented in Romeo and Juliet? - Essay Help!!!

Q: How is Romeo presented in Romeo Romeo and Juliet Juliet?

I need to write an essay on the question above.

I need to write 3 'big idea' paragraphs with quotes and analysis.

My paragraph 1 is about how Romeo has heightened emotions and how he struggles to control them, along with mentioning how he is fickle and acts on impulse because of his heightened emotions
-> for this paragraph I used examples of
- His love for Rosaline and how he is troubled by it (using the quotes "brawling love, loving hate"
- How he impulsively killed Tybalt to avenge the death of Mercutio (using the quote 'and fire eyed fury be my conduct now!'

However, I need 2 more paragraphs and I am unsure of what quotes and points to make about him. I don't want to repeat myself but I want the points to be big enough so I can expand on them in detail.

I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks <3
Original post by dazzymc

My paragraph 1 is about how Romeo has heightened emotions and how he struggles to control them, along with mentioning how he is fickle and acts on impulse because of his heightened emotions
- His love for Rosaline and how he is troubled by it (using the quotes "brawling love, loving hate"
- How he impulsively killed Tybalt to avenge the death of Mercutio (using the quote 'and fire eyed fury be my conduct now!'

However, I need 2 more paragraphs and I am unsure of what quotes and points to make about him. I don't want to repeat myself but I want the points to be big enough so I can expand on them in detail.

do a paragraph on him being a lover to juliet theres loads to talk about there and then maybe the last talk about how easily influenced he is-friar and mercutio
Original post by dazzymc

I did this question before im sure lol! I would talk about the obsession that Romeo has with love/Juliet. This kind of young love that Romeo is consumed by. He is trapped in this relationship with Juliet that he doesn't necessarily see what he is actually doing, killing Tybalt, killing himself because he thought Juliet was dead etc.. He is blinded by this love, it has preoccupied him from the real life.

Another idea, you could talk about throughout the course of the play, we see this development in Romeo. He becomes more mature and sensible in his love which is then represented through the use of his language. Romeo matures from adolescence to adulthood.

My personal fav <3 - Romeo is more in love with the concept of being in love rather than with Juliet herself. He has this idealistic, unrealistic view of love and being with a woman that he doesn't see that he's more in love with the idea that the actual woman. (my opinion, you don't have to use this lmao)

Glad to help, Marci x
Reply 3
Original post by tiablakexxx
do a paragraph on him being a lover to juliet theres loads to talk about there and then maybe the last talk about how easily influenced he is-friar and mercutio

Thanks for the help!
Reply 4
Original post by marcistrawberry
I did this question before im sure lol! I would talk about the obsession that Romeo has with love/Juliet. This kind of young love that Romeo is consumed by. He is trapped in this relationship with Juliet that he doesn't necessarily see what he is actually doing, killing Tybalt, killing himself because he thought Juliet was dead etc.. He is blinded by this love, it has preoccupied him from the real life.

Another idea, you could talk about throughout the course of the play, we see this development in Romeo. He becomes more mature and sensible in his love which is then represented through the use of his language. Romeo matures from adolescence to adulthood.

My personal fav <3 - Romeo is more in love with the concept of being in love rather than with Juliet herself. He has this idealistic, unrealistic view of love and being with a woman that he doesn't see that he's more in love with the idea that the actual woman. (my opinion, you don't have to use this lmao)

Glad to help, Marci x

Thank you sm for the help - I appreciate it! I think they're the specific points I was after so I'll definitely be writing about them <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending