The Student Room Group

Sending PM's on TSR

Do I really have to make two posts just to be allowed to respond to private messages? I don't want to spam this site
Original post by Anonymous
Do I really have to make two posts just to be allowed to respond to private messages? I don't want to spam this site

They just want to make sure you aren't a bot i guess (i think the anonymous posting probably won't help). and you won't be spamming if you find posts you actually want to comment on haha :smile: I'd recommend the entertainment forums
Yeah 2 or 3 messages as well as being a member of the site for 3 days :smile: why not take part in one of the forum games threads?
Reply 3
TSR should ban anyone who makes this type of thread. No doubt a troll, I cant think of a single innocent reason why someone would need to send pms when they have no interest in posting on the actual site.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Foxehh
TSR should ban anyone who makes this type of thread. No doubt a troll, I cant think of a single innocent reason why someone would need to send pms when they have no interest in posting on the actual site.

Suspicious as it is, asking for clarification of a rule prob shouldn't result in a ban :tongue:
Original post by StriderHort
Suspicious as it is, asking for clarification of a rule prob shouldn't result in a ban :tongue:

Misusing anon to ask should result in a ban.
Original post by Anonymous

You say respond to private messages.
If you haven't posted why do you need to be able to respond to PMs?
Who'd be sending you PMs when you haven't posted yet?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7

Its not just suspicious, they are flat out admitting that they have nothing to add to the site but would like to use the PM system. TSR is losing nothing by banning them.
Original post by DiddyDec
Misusing anon to ask should result in a ban.

Original post by Foxehh
Its not just suspicious, they are flat out admitting that they have nothing to add to the site but would like to use the PM system. TSR is losing nothing by banning them.

I'm one of the most bad tempered, surly, anti anon people of the entire site and even I'm wondering if the sun has got to you both today? :tongue:
I'm one of the most bad tempered, surly, anti anon people of the entire site and even I'm wondering if the sun has got to you both today? :tongue:

But it's obvious that they're lying about something on top of abusing anon.
They're asking about replying to PMs when they haven't posted yet, no one would PM someone who they don't even know exists so they must be lying about having to respond to PMs - probably with the intent of just sending PMs.

I avoid the sun like a vampire, I am just sick to ****ing death of people misusing anon.
Reply 11

I like seeing people who ask stupid questions banned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending