The Student Room Group

Is school ****?

Is it just me or does anyone else find school boring? I only rly get bored in Maths, English and Science but when I get bored I mess about and be stupid lol. I concentrate better when listening to music but unfortunately we aren't supposed to have phones out at school. Any tips on how to secretly listen to music? Would hiding my headphones in my blazer and wearing my hair down work or would it be too obvious? Any other tips on how to concentrate?
(edited 3 years ago)
This is obviously easier said than done, but the more you enjoy a subject the less boring it is.

At home when working (and it seems you work better at home) try and appreciate the successes in working well, achieving well. Hopefully, getting those kicks out of doing well might translate to school: it might no longer be boring but another chance to succeed.
My lessons aren't long and I only have a few weeks left so it's bearable.
Original post by Vapordave
My lessons aren't long and I only have a few weeks left so it's bearable.

my lessons last around 2 hours and we have months left :frown:
Original post by MatthewAteYou
This is obviously easier said than done, but the more you enjoy a subject the less boring it is.

At home when working (and it seems you work better at home) try and appreciate the successes in working well, achieving well. Hopefully, getting those kicks out of doing well might translate to school: it might no longer be boring but another chance to succeed.

Ye I work much better at home and find it actually enjoyable
Reply 5
I'm from India and I have a whole bunch of exams, so you can say minimum of 6 hours every day with exams till July at least. I am writing the JEE Advanced this year. Although I am horrible at getting marks, I've seen that sincerely doing questions of such difficulty level and spending time improves my understanding of the subject, how much ever is possible. Sure at times I just want to leave everything and grab a college-level book so that I can finally learn the 'cool' stuff, but I can't so I stick with some days of boredom.

The above is only the case with physics and maths. I am absolutely horrible at chemistry and it seems like I'm getting worse with each passing day. See, concentration depends on what you're doing - whether you like it or not and whether it's getting too much. Studying the same thing for a loooong time can get tiresome, but studying something you have no interest in is worse and frustrating. Right now I'll suggest you try and find some interest in those subjects. Example for maths: Don't look at maths as a subject where you just solve for x, try to see its elegance (Although I suppose if you're giving your GCSEs, there isn't much scope for that?)

This is easier said than done (as someone above pointed out) but only having a goal that you really care about can make you put in the hard work required.

Quick Reply

Latest