The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guri1234
Hello guys I need help with the silk factory aqa language 2020 paper 1 pls send me any responses or key fact of the story

type in gcse year 11 mocks 2021 into the search bar in tsr and go thru the chat its in there
Original post by tiablakexxx
i can send u the paper if u can help me with high mark responses

I can absolutely do that for you just send them through
Original post by Maira108
type in gcse year 11 mocks 2021 into the search bar in tsr and go thru the chat its in there

its no longer available if you still have the questions could you provide them. it would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by hakim123!!1
its no longer available if you still have the questions could you provide them. it would be greatly appreciated.

hiya here it is https://clovie7.wixsite.com/gcsenglish/test
and for everyone whose asking for it
Original post by hakim123!!1
I can absolutely do that for you just send them through

yeh ok pm me
hiya here it is https://clovie7.wixsite.com/gcsenglish/test
and for everyone whose asking for it

would it be okay to give us a model answer of question 4?
Original post by lemondidit
would it be okay to give us a model answer of question 4?

here's a paragraph i have for q4 its not completed
Firstly, the child’s sudden appearance does indicate that she was constructed by Rosie’s imagination
and this is clear when Rosie asks herself; ‘where on earth had she come from?’, the rhetorical
question indicating her clear confusion as to where she had suddenly materialised from. Again, there
is description of the ‘high terrace’ which was ‘surely too high for a child to climb’, highlighting once
again that the child had just miraculously appeared and explicitly stating that there was no way for
the child to get in through the boundaries. However, this random appearance may be foreshadowing
the past of the house that was a silk-factory to begin with.
(edited 3 years ago)
Firstly, the child’s sudden appearance does indicate that she was constructed by Rosie’s imagination
and this is clear when Rosie asks herself; ‘where on earth had she come from?’, the rhetorical
question indicating her clear confusion as to where she had suddenly materialised from. Again, there
is description of the ‘high terrace’ which was ‘surely too high for a child to climb’, highlighting once
again that the child had just miraculously appeared and explicitly stating that there was no way for
the child to get in through the boundaries. However, this random appearance may be foreshadowing
the past of the house that was a silk-factory to begin with. The author may be using the stranger
child as a foundation to a wider plot which narrows the child’s role to appearing as a form of ghost
that used to work in the factory. If this is the case, it suggests that the child would not be part of
Rosie’s imagination and instead real however, may be visible to her eyes only. This would then
provide a plausible explanation as to where the child had supposedly ‘come from’, perhaps she had
always been there and Rosie is only acknowledging her appearance now.

Looks good so far!
Anyone got Question 5? Any examples would be greatly appreciatedYour local library is running a creative writing competition. The best entries will bepublished in a booklet of creative writing.EitherWrite a description of a mysterious place, as suggested by this picture: The picture is a big metal gate Write a story about an event that cannot be explained.
the past of the house that was a silk-factory to begin with.

Looks brilliant so far! keep it up
Original post by Ryan_2001
Anyone got Question 5? Any examples would be greatly appreciatedYour local library is running a creative writing competition. The best entries will bepublished in a booklet of creative writing.EitherWrite a description of a mysterious place, as suggested by this picture: The picture is a big metal gate Write a story about an event that cannot be explained.

look up dual narrative story mr salles steal it

you could literally take any story for the second option
Original post by NightCap
Looks good so far!

Looks brilliant so far! keep it up

thank you x
Original post by Eni48
Has anyone started Q3?
I thinking about it having a non-chronological structure to mirror Rosies perspective to the changes during the extract but it's primarily centered on the child, perhaps symbolic of the tiredness rosies feels idk
- introduces setting of the house and Rosie n the kids
- then shifts to the child that acts as a idk catalyst for rosies flashback to the garden I'm not sure the effect of this though
- the ending?? Is it cyclical ? It ends and starts on the girl I guess

effect wise i would say how the writer intensifies the significance and msytery around the child-builds questions in the readers head causing them to be interested as they want to understand the mystery behind the child
Reply 15
Can anyone help me out or provide a model answer or a few ideas on Q3 How has the writer structured the text to interest you as a reader? I have my exam on monday and need help urgently
Reply 16
Anyone got a model answer for Question 4?
Reply 17
gcse question 5 Write a story about an event that cannot be explained

WTF
thank you x

Did you finish Q4 yet? Thanks.
Original post by tiablakexxx
i'm going to copy and paste an answer that was written by someone else- can't remember what forum it was on
at the beginning, allnatt immediately mentions the "stranger child" in a narrow focus of rosie's view. the tense is past indicating that rosie is reciting her past series of events, allowing allnatt to highlight to the reader that she is aware of more information than they are thus creating an unconscious relationship between Rosie and the reader as she is the sole character who will be able to uncover the truth about the child. The sentence then shifts its focus to Rosie in her present occupation- "deep in studs" This widens the focus and shifts a change in subject indicating the start of the story. The reader grows impatient by this as they are indoctrinated to urge an explanation behind the mystery child and so are induced to read on more quickly to find answers. Although these answers remaining unsolved, Allnatt deliberately presents Rosie as "overwhelmed" to strengthen the unconscious relationship between the reader and Rosie as they are made to feel empathetic towards her mental state. They are also interested in her development as a character throughout the extract via this relationship built at the beginning of the extract, causing them to continue reading.
As the plot thickens, we see an appearance from the "stranger child" in Rosie's garden with her questioning where it has come from. The reader is placed in the same position as Rosie thus creating a psychological link between the two through the relatability of questioning the origin of the stranger child. The unknowing and lack of solid conclusion interests the reader as they are caused to question why Allnatt is holding off revealing answers to them. They are induced to read on in the hopes of uncovering Allnatt's intentions and uncovering more information surrounding the enigma of the mystery child.
At the end of the extract, the mystery child seems to disappear causing Allnatt to uphold an atmosphere of tension. Rosie is seen to "hurriedly" step outside to find what has happened to the child. The use of this dynamic verb quickens the pace of the end part of the extract allowing Allnatt to trick the reader into thinking that a resolution will be reached soon. However when Rosie steps outside, the child is "gone" Allnatt emphatically positions a single line paragraph containing a simple sentence to mount and dramatise the tension in the reader's head as they are left with no further information than they were in the beginning. The extract follows a contrasted cyclical structure as at the beginning Rosie sees the "stranger child" and at the end it is "gone"

Do you have a Q4 answer? Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending