The Student Room Group

Interview

What can you bring to the university
Tell them about your skills
Original post by Samanteta

Hello!

For me, I answered how I can apply the skills I have to the university's core strategies (which you can find online). This shows your looking wider than your own skills/interests/hobbies and how you will fit into the university and what they focus/prioritise on achieving :smile:

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by Samanteta

Hey!

Universities want to know what you can bring academically and personally to their institution. You will have mentioned your academic life in your personal statement and why you are passionate about your course. In your interview, discuss your skills and personal qualities and how these skills will help you to thrive in a university environment.

I find it really useful preparing some short answers using the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method before an interview. This is where you describe a situation, talk about a task you had to complete, what actions you took and the end result. You could also practice any responses in front of a mirror (if you're comfortable with that) and it will help you remember them. You don't want to sound as if everything is pre-prepared when you're answering questions in the interview so just keep your responses natural! Just be yourself and you'll be fine!

Best of luck :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending