The Student Room Group

GCSE Subjects

Hello everyone, may I know what subjects are you guys going to take in GCSE??
I chose:
Computer Science
Religious Education
Spanish
Business Studies
Further Maths

If I were to choose again:
Drama
Spanish
Food Technology
Art
Media Studies
Reply 2
Original post by emek4official
I chose:
Computer Science
Religious Education
Spanish
Business Studies
Further Maths

If I were to choose again:
Drama
Spanish
Food Technology
Art
Media Studies

It seems that you were not happy to the subjects that you choose.
I chose History, French and Computer Science GCSE so if you have any questions about those I can help!
Reply 4
Original post by midnightskies0
I chose History, French and Computer Science GCSE so if you have any questions about those I can help!

I still didn't choose my subjects. But I am going to choose history, geography, media studies and sports studies. But thank you for your help.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Confusing
I still didn't choose my subjects. But I am going to choose history, geography, design technology and sports studies. But thank you for your help.

Good choices! Can only really speak for History but it's so interesting and I wish I had taken it for A-Level.
Reply 6
Original post by midnightskies0
Good choices! Can only really speak for History but it's so interesting and I wish I had taken it for A-Level.

for my school, there are only several subjects for us to choose. There are languages (french and spanish), media studies, art, design technology, history, geography, sports studies, core PE (quite similar to sports studies but it is non-qualification) and performing arts. I really hate languages so I'm not going to choose them. I am not going to choose media studies because I don't know what is it. And for performing arts, I don't like dancing and singing.
I chose history (really recommend) geography, french and DT
It seems that you were not happy to the subjects that you choose.

I am happy with what I chose, it's just that I know what I want to do now. I want to work in the film industry and my GCSEs don't reflect that. If I could I would change them so I am more prepared, plus I think I went too academic with my choices and should have picked more fun and creative subjects.
Hello everyone, may I know what subjects are you guys going to take in GCSE??

I obviously take the four core subjects Maths, English and Science (all 3, Biology,Chemistry and Physics)
And I chose History, Spanish, Music and Photography
Reply 10
Original post by 3250daisy
I chose history (really recommend) geography, french and DT

Yes, I chose history and geography as same as yours.
I am in year 10 and picked:
Sociology
French
History
Cambridge national in sport science (which sucks because my school forces us to take a pe subject :colonhash:)
And I am doing triple science, maths and English which are all compulsory.
I regret taking french GCSE because I reallyyy don't like it and sociology has so much content which is a pain so I don't like that either

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest