The Student Room Group

when did you lose your virginity?

sooo im curious what ages everyones been losing it because im 16 and i was w my boyfriend for a while and i wanted to lose it to him (still do..even though we broke up - on good terms) but the thought of it just scares me like what if i regret it? is it supposed to be some big life changing thing like everyone says it is?

anyways the point is should i just enjoy myself and let things happen if they happen or should i hold onto my virginity like i have been - is there any point of me waiting for the 'right moment', is that what you guys did?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenna.g05
sooo im curious what ages everyones been losing it because im 16 and i was w my boyfriend for a while and i wanted to lose it to him (still do..) but the thought of it just scares me like what if i regret it? is it supposed to be some big life changing thing like everyone says it is? i keep telling myself that its really not that deep but the next minute i change my mind because i start overthinking it all. he's my ex but i still talk to him everyday and meet him at least twice a week.. i never told my mum that we broke up because if i ever want him to come over again no questions will be raised - which sounds so bad but it took so so long for my mum to allow me to meet him alone let alone him coming into the house, and i have no plans of us getting back together but im not even considering losing contact w him so telling her just doesnt make sense to me..
anyways the overall point of this is should i just enjoy myself and let things happen if they happen even though we broke up or should i hold onto my virginity like i have been - is there any point of me waiting for the 'right moment', is that what you guys did?

i'm still a virgin
sooo im curious what ages everyones been losing it because im 16 and i was w my boyfriend for a while and i wanted to lose it to him (still do..) but the thought of it just scares me like what if i regret it? is it supposed to be some big life changing thing like everyone says it is? i keep telling myself that its really not that deep but the next minute i change my mind because i start overthinking it all. he's my ex but i still talk to him everyday and meet him at least twice a week.. i never told my mum that we broke up because if i ever want him to come over again no questions will be raised - which sounds so bad but it took so so long for my mum to allow me to meet him alone let alone him coming into the house, and i have no plans of us getting back together but im not even considering losing contact w him so telling her just doesnt make sense to me..
anyways the overall point of this is should i just enjoy myself and let things happen if they happen even though we broke up or should i hold onto my virginity like i have been - is there any point of me waiting for the 'right moment', is that what you guys did?

I’m very confused. You want to lose your virginity with your ex-boyfriend?

It seems as if you just want to lose it for the sake of losing it. This isn’t right and I suggest that you do not do anything until you are completely sure. Not to mention you are only 16... how old is the person you want to do this with?
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
I’m very confused. You want to lose your virginity with your ex-boyfriend?

It seems as if you just want to lose it for the sake of losing it. This isn’t right and I suggest that you do not do anything until you are completely sure. Not to mention you are only 16... how old is the person you want to do this with?

okay i should've added more context ab the ex situation, we broke up because i got to a point where i could no longer handle a relationship and this was at the beginning of january - we're still in regular contact and i see him all the time there's just no label on it anymore. he's the same age as me and we do other things i've just never been ready to lose my virginity because i just dont want to regret it one day if its supposed to be this big thing.. i hope that makes more sense
15 in a tent in my gf's parents back yard.

It was a stormy night, it was cold, but we did it!
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
i'm still a virgin

Sameeeeeee dunno why im on this chat lol
I don't want sex. Sex is overrated.
Reply 7
Original post by Callicious
15 in a tent in my gf's parents back yard.

It was a stormy night, it was cold, but we did it!

i mean, its a story to remember (:
okay i should've added more context ab the ex situation, we broke up because i got to a point where i could no longer handle a relationship and this was at the beginning of january - we're still in regular contact and i see him all the time there's just no label on it anymore. he's the same age as me and we do other things i've just never been ready to lose my virginity because i just dont want to regret it one day if its supposed to be this big thing.. i hope that makes more sense

That’s better, thanks. If you are not fully in a relationship and not committed to each other, I suggest you do not go ahead with it.
Reply 9

You don't need to have lost your virginity to be socially acceptable or to get recognition (which seems like the kind of thing in people's minds nowadays)
It doesn't matter when you lose your virginity, just make sure you are comfortable doing that and not under any peer/external pressure. And check for STIs.
not yet. Haven't found the one yet lol
Reply 11
it's a big life changing thing to some people; it wasn't for me. i imagine that 'life changing' feeling tho is relatively common with girls since they're taught by society they should have sex 'like a girl' and not 'like a boy' (meaning they shouldn't sleep around and they should take sex more seriously).

if you're not 100 percent sure tho i'd say don't do it, because there is no going backward. like once you've done it you can't undue it, know what i'm sayin? but if you do decide to do it, of course use protection - condum+birth control. i may even suggest if you're even considering sex then go to your GP now for advice on birth control because you want to be prepared, not unprepared and caught in the heat of the moment.
Reply 12
Original post by Joleee
it's a big life changing thing to some people; it wasn't for me. i imagine that 'life changing' feeling tho is relatively common with girls since they're taught by society they should have sex 'like a girl' and not 'like a boy' (meaning they shouldn't sleep around and they should take sex more seriously).

if you're not 100 percent sure tho i'd say don't do it, because there is no going backward. like once you've done it you can't undue it, know what i'm sayin? but if you do decide to do it, of course use protection - condum+birth control. i may even suggest if you're even considering sex then go to your GP now for advice on birth control because you want to be prepared, not unprepared and caught in the heat of the moment.

yeh um i dont think im registered with a GP because ive never gone to the doctors in my life so they took me off the list :') and yeah i've been thinking about going on the pill but ive heard lists of side effects that i really dont want to deal with, but thankyou for the advice<3

I'll still lose it after I get married

Also there is a high chance you will regret it because as you said ex....why lose it to someone who doesn't rlly mean anything to you
Original post by Qxi.xli
not yet. Haven't found the one yet lol

Are you saving it for marriage?
Is this a religious thing?
Original post by Anonymous
Are you saving it for marriage?
Is this a religious thing?

erm I'm not sure if I want to save it tbh. I'm not very religious but my parents are....so I haven't decided yet lol.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
erm I'm not sure if I want to save it tbh. I'm not very religious but my parents are....so I haven't decided yet lol.

Okay.
Just out of curiosity, which faith do you follow?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay.
Just out of curiosity, which faith do you follow?

Which user are you btw :smile:.
(edited 3 years ago)
Still a virgin but not by choice

Do it with someone you trust, not with a stranger. Don't put pressure on yourself. And most importantly, don't be like me when I was younger. I was 19 when I lost my virginity; I had a one-night stand with a guy (tmi ngl hahaha) after meeting him in a club. Looking back on it over two years later, my friends and I laugh about it. But it was not a laughing matter at the time. All I can say from this story is to not feel pressured to pop your cherry so soon. You'll find the right person eventually, I know that sounds cheesy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending