The Student Room Group

Accepting Uni Accommodation offers

Hi I wanted to ask if anyone can help me with something. So if I receive an offer of accommodation for one my uni choices, when should I accept it?

Once I have had my A-level results or as soon as?

Any help would be great!
Have you made your Firm and Insurance choices yet?
And when you say ' accommodation offer' is this an offer for specific accommodation - or just a general 'yes we have approved your application'?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Have you made your Firm and Insurance choices yet?
And when you say ' accommodation offer' is this an offer for specific accommodation - or just a general 'yes we have approved your application'?

Thanks for the reply, I have made both my firm and insurance choice. And at the stage of applying for accommodation.
And when I say 'accommodation offer' this is when the university accept my specific accommodation. I'm not at this stage yet but wanted to know for advance.

Thank you
Original post by Luke_McCoy
Thanks for the reply, I have made both my firm and insurance choice. And at the stage of applying for accommodation.
And when I say 'accommodation offer' this is when the university accept my specific accommodation. I'm not at this stage yet but wanted to know for advance.

Thank you

Your uni accommodation office will guide you in this matter. The usual thing is for you not to be allocated to a specific accommodation until you have received your results. It's certainly not usual for you to have to pay anything until you have received your results so know that you will definitely be attending that university. At this moment in time you are only picking your preferences.
You need to READ what the offer email/contract says when it comes. Most accommodation offers will be a formal contract with terms and conditions and will usually come with a strict deadline to accept the offer (7 or 14 days usually).

Accommodation isn’t run by a clearing company like ucas that imposes standard contracts and conditions and timescales. They’re run differently at every university.
Reply 5
Original post by harrysbar
Your uni accommodation office will guide you in this matter. The usual thing is for you not to be allocated to a specific accommodation until you have received your results. It's certainly not usual for you to have to pay anything until you have received your results so know that you will definitely be attending that university. At this moment in time you are only picking your preferences.

Great, thank you
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
You need to READ what the offer email/contract says when it comes. Most accommodation offers will be a formal contract with terms and conditions and will usually come with a strict deadline to accept the offer (7 or 14 days usually).

Accommodation isn’t run by a clearing company like ucas that imposes standard contracts and conditions and timescales. They’re run differently at every university.

Thank you for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending