The Student Room Group

I hate my degree

Hi, I'm in second year of uni and I hate my degree (engineering). Basically I chose the wrong degree and hate studying it. I want to go into politics/charity related work after my degree but have no idea how to. Any advice (would be greatly appreciated :smile: )?
Sad to hear this, but maybe you can change it, though it might be difficult to change from STEM to Humanties.
Maybe you can start it agaim with a new degree.
Otherwise, I think that you may do a masters that include some sort of politics courses or related. Try asking LSE about your situation.
I have a friend who switch career from Chemistry, wen to LSE, did a master in Management and now it works policy making
Reply 2
Original post by the_cosmo_guy
Sad to hear this, but maybe you can change it, though it might be difficult to change from STEM to Humanties.
Maybe you can start it agaim with a new degree.
Otherwise, I think that you may do a masters that include some sort of politics courses or related. Try asking LSE about your situation.
I have a friend who switch career from Chemistry, wen to LSE, did a master in Management and now it works policy making

Thank you for the help :smile:

Unfortunately I can't switch my degree but I've been looking at masters degrees, although I've yet to find one I like that I can do with my degree :/
Original post by bigboi1234
Hi, I'm in second year of uni and I hate my degree (engineering). Basically I chose the wrong degree and hate studying it. I want to go into politics/charity related work after my degree but have no idea how to. Any advice (would be greatly appreciated :smile: )?

Lots of charities need engineers - have a hunt for jobs in the charity sector. Fieldwork would be very good grounding for a charity career, or moving into politics.

Quick Reply

Latest