IBM Matching Pool 2021

Is anyone else in the matching pool??
how does it work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ehyy4324
Is anyone else in the matching pool??
how does it work?

Hey I'm in the matching pool too! Basically, a hiring manager goes to recruitment when they have space to employ someone new and they give recruitment an overview of the employee they're looking for. Recruitment then give them the candidate files of a few possible employees which the hiring manager has a look at before shortlisting a few for interview. After that you're given an offer but if you refuse an offer then you can never go back on it. A bit scary but generally people are employed after 1-2 months in the pool.
Reply 2
Original post by IMD-03
Hey I'm in the matching pool too! Basically, a hiring manager goes to recruitment when they have space to employ someone new and they give recruitment an overview of the employee they're looking for. Recruitment then give them the candidate files of a few possible employees which the hiring manager has a look at before shortlisting a few for interview. After that you're given an offer but if you refuse an offer then you can never go back on it. A bit scary but generally people are employed after 1-2 months in the pool.

thank you
have you had any interviews yet?
have you turned down any?
Reply 3
I had an offer to interview for a sales position from a woman on my AC but I turned it down because that's not really what I want to do - since then I haven't heard anything whatsoever.
Reply 4
any updates ?
Reply 5
No, none. I've had another offer for sales but nothing for the chartered management. I've decided to go with my KPMG offer instead - good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by IMD-03
No, none. I've had another offer for sales but nothing for the chartered management. I've decided to go with my KPMG offer instead - good luck!

congrats
what the kpmg one??
Reply 7
Original post by IMD-03

With them, will you be starting sooner?
Reply 8
Original post by ehyy4324
congrats
what the kpmg one??

I applied for an audit apprenticeship with KPMG Bristol - are you doing the same?
Reply 9
Original post by madjr
With them, will you be starting sooner?

with KPMG the start date can be anytime Sept-Oct. I know that when you get an offer for IBM it depends on what cohort that ones for and I think the starting dates for the IBM cohorts can be mid sept, mid oct or early jan
Hi, I know it’s been a year since this thread but I’ve recently been accepted to the matching pool as well. Approximately, how long does it take IBM to get back to you?
Original post by astudentjourney
Hi, I know it’s been a year since this thread but I’ve recently been accepted to the matching pool as well. Approximately, how long does it take IBM to get back to you?

Hi did you apply for 2023 entry?
Reply 12
Original post by Taeraatutta
Hi did you apply for 2023 entry?

Yeah, I did
Original post by Fifi5
Yeah, I did

What role did you apply for? I’m currently in the matching pool for the Futures Gap Year scheme.
Reply 14
What role did you apply for? I’m currently in the matching pool for the Futures Gap Year scheme.

12 month Placement Year for my 3rd year in uni
Original post by Fifi5
12 month Placement Year for my 3rd year in uni

Oh nice, have you been matched or sent any roles?
Reply 16
Oh nice, have you been matched or sent any roles?

Yeah I just had a matching interview today, and I have another tomorrow
Original post by Fifi5
Yeah I just had a matching interview today, and I have another tomorrow

Omg that’s great, congratulations! You’ll deffo get an offer for 1. How long have you been matching for?
Reply 18
Omg that’s great, congratulations! You’ll deffo get an offer for 1. How long have you been matching for?

Thanks, I was kinda lucky, I got an interview offer after 2/3 weeks. But I know others can wait for a few months
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Fifi5
Thanks, I was kinda lucky, I got an offer after 2 weeks. But I know others can wait for a few months

Hopefully I don’t wait too long too. I’ve been in matching for 1 week and 1 day now so 🤞🏽 Waiting for months just increases uncertainty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending