The Student Room Group

SFE

Hello, i would love to ask some informations.
Are eu student eligible for SFE support 22\23 ? I would appreciate your reply, as it would help decide and inform when to start, in other to be eligible.
Original post by JOJO890
Hello, i would love to ask some informations.
Are eu student eligible for SFE support 22\23 ? I would appreciate your reply, as it would help decide and inform when to start, in other to be eligible.

Hi Jojo, we can't confirm eligibility for the 22/23 academic year just yet as our regulations are updated yearly. Currently EU Nationals who have pre settled status can apply for funding. If that changes in the future then our regulations will update. If you contact us in March 2022 then we can advise on eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Jojo, we can't confirm eligibility for the 22/23 academic year just yet as our regulations are updated yearly. Currently EU Nationals who have pre settled status can apply for funding. If that changes in the future then our regulations will update. If you contact us in March 2022 then we can advise on eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much. In regards to maintenance loan, are EU nationals currently eligible ?
Appreciate your reply.
Original post by JOJO890
Thank you very much. In regards to maintenance loan, are EU nationals currently eligible ?
Appreciate your reply.

You're welcome. EU Nationals who have full EU Settled Status or are Migrant Workers can apply for the Maintenance Loan based on current regulations.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
You're welcome. EU Nationals who have full EU Settled Status or are Migrant Workers can apply for the Maintenance Loan based on current regulations.
Thanks, Isaac

What are the requirements needed to apply as a migrant worker ?
Thanks for your time.
Original post by JOJO890
What are the requirements needed to apply as a migrant worker ?
Thanks for your time.

The requirement is just that you are working in the UK or you can apply based on a parent/partner/spouse who are working instead.

You can view the evidence criteria here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
The requirement is just that you are working in the UK or you can apply based on a parent/partner/spouse who are working instead.

You can view the evidence criteria here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac

Hello, Isaac to access a maintenance loan can I apply for it based on the fact that my relatives, specifically aunt and uncle have been in the UK for more than five years as EU nationals? In that case, I don't need to present payslips right? Thanks for replying.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JOJO890
Hello, Isaac to access a maintenance loan can I apply for it based on the fact that my relatives, specifically aunt and uncle have been in the UK for more than five years as EU nationals? In that case, I don't need to present payslips right? Thanks for replying.

You won't be able to apply based on your Aunt/Uncle working. You would need to be working or your parents/partner/spouse.
If you only have pre settled status then this is the only option to apply for a Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
You won't be able to apply based on your Aunt/Uncle working. You would need to be working or your parents/partner/spouse.
If you only have pre settled status then this is the only option to apply for a Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac

Hello, Isaac

In other for an EU national with pre-settled status to receive a maintenance loan, he/she will need to apply as a migrant worker, with working hours above 16/hr right? If that's the case is a 0 contract or an agency contract combined with continuous payslips from the same company, enough evidence to back up the application?

Thank you very much.
Original post by JOJO890
Hello, Isaac

In other for an EU national with pre-settled status to receive a maintenance loan, he/she will need to apply as a migrant worker, with working hours above 16/hr right? If that's the case is a 0 contract or an agency contract combined with continuous payslips from the same company, enough evidence to back up the application?

Thank you very much.

Hi, we can't confirm how many hours is acceptable because our assessors will look at how much the applicant works and make a decision. Zero hour contracts are acceptable.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
Hi, we can't confirm how many hours is acceptable because our assessors will look at how much the applicant works and make a decision. Zero hour contracts are acceptable.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much, Isaac.

Another question, if you don't mind, will the tuition be available next academic year for european students ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JOJO890
Thank you very much, Isaac.

Another question, if you don't mind, will the tuition be available next academic year for european students ?

For pre settled status students yes, not European students.
European students who hold no status are not eligible.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending