The Student Room Group

gcse English language endorsement what grade is it.

hey guys just wanna have your opinion on what grade this can be a merit or a distinction.
Last week friday, my friend: Joe Todd from New York was driving, in an electric car, in the streets of New York at a deadly dangerous speed of 120MPH and smashed into a parked police car like an asteroid. Joe could’ve been in a coma, wounded or even dead, however Joe didn’t have a single bump, a single bruise or a single broken bone. Others argue “he was fortuitous”. But this isn’t the case. This actually hasn’t occurred once. Many, many times there have been accidents like this, but people in an electric car were alive. Electric cars are strikingly safe. So, today I will talk about “Why Electric Cars are the Future ?” Back to Joe’s story electric cars are strikingly safe as the only reason why he was alive is because it has a reduced crumpling during accidents. As this slide presents the hood of a gasoline engine and an electric engine. Notice how the gasoline engine is coated with tanks, pipes and wires but in an electric nothing it’s empty. Joe survived as the front end of the electric car not getting crumpled otherwise he would have been imminently dead on the spot. Electric cars, infact, cause the number of deaths in an accident to plunge down to 1 in a 500 million.

No 2 the reason electric cars are the future is that they aren’t those thirsty cars draining all the fuel in a couple of miles. This isn’t the case for electric cars. They are future as they can go to a staggering 215 miles in a single 30 min charge. What’s even more mind blowing is that by 2030 it can go to 1000 miles in a single charge.

No 3 “Why Electric Cars are the Future” is that they are cheap. Some argue that the battery transforms the price drastically. Between 2010 - 2020 battery prices have plummeted down by 87%. It’s price further cheapened how it's 11p cheaper to run per mile, it's tax-free and it's recharged for free! Electric cars are cheaper to run than gasoline cars, so why can’t we have an electric, cheap and prodigious car.

Of course, I haven’t pioneered electric cars but as a similar age to you guys I know that what I point out will be very appealing so another reason its the future is due to its lighting acceleration. As us students we dream of having a vehicle that’ll accelerate faster than a jet fighter. From this upcoming video it shows an incredible acceleration of the electric car Tesla Model 3 VS diesel Porsche Z06. Obviously, it's a fair point to hold as the acceleration is best suited for the future hence why electric cars are the future.

Moreover, “Why are Electric Cars the Future” is that they are as quiet as a still frozen grave. Everyone must hate when suddenly they surface out of their sleep due to a gasoline car's engine producing that brutal cacophony. Rest assured, that you won't need to endeavour through that hardship with electric cars as they are dead quiet.

Finally, the most important thing is sustainability. Not even a single drip of harmful chemicals is produced in electric cars whereas gasoline produces toxic gas. Tonnes and tonnes of it.

But, others like the principal of this school: Mr Taylor, doesn’t agree that “Electric Car will be the Future”of how: “Electricity is produced from power stations which equals the same amount of pollution that’s being produced. Not only that but there are other fuel source and we got a plethora of fuel to last at least a century”

To prove Mr Taylor is wrong, the USA in 2019 had their pollution rates have decreased by 40% just from 30% of their cars being Electric. If the USA were to have 100% of electric cars, just imagine how much pollution rates would dive down. Clearly he isn’t right.

Secondly, our fuel supply won’t last for 100 years. No. It's actually a disbelieving 39 years left. Half the time. It’s so paramount as we rely on cars so much for travelling, for shopping or even exploring. But, there’s only 39 years left for all petrol diesel cars to be as still as ice. We could use hydrogen or biofuel, as an alternative, but those disadvantages are way too heavier than the advantages. Electric Cars are the future strikingly safe, cost friendly, lightning acceleration, quiet as a still grave and sustainable. Why can’t it be the future!
Original post by HannahGuys
hey guys just wanna have your opinion on what grade this can be a merit or a distinction.
Last week friday, my friend: Joe Todd from New York was driving, in an electric car, in the streets of New York at a deadly dangerous speed of 120MPH and smashed into a parked police car like an asteroid. Joe could’ve been in a coma, wounded or even dead, however Joe didn’t have a single bump, a single bruise or a single broken bone. Others argue “he was fortuitous”. But this isn’t the case. This actually hasn’t occurred once. Many, many times there have been accidents like this, but people in an electric car were alive. Electric cars are strikingly safe. So, today I will talk about “Why Electric Cars are the Future ?” Back to Joe’s story electric cars are strikingly safe as the only reason why he was alive is because it has a reduced crumpling during accidents. As this slide presents the hood of a gasoline engine and an electric engine. Notice how the gasoline engine is coated with tanks, pipes and wires but in an electric nothing it’s empty. Joe survived as the front end of the electric car not getting crumpled otherwise he would have been imminently dead on the spot. Electric cars, infact, cause the number of deaths in an accident to plunge down to 1 in a 500 million.

No 2 the reason electric cars are the future is that they aren’t those thirsty cars draining all the fuel in a couple of miles. This isn’t the case for electric cars. They are future as they can go to a staggering 215 miles in a single 30 min charge. What’s even more mind blowing is that by 2030 it can go to 1000 miles in a single charge.

No 3 “Why Electric Cars are the Future” is that they are cheap. Some argue that the battery transforms the price drastically. Between 2010 - 2020 battery prices have plummeted down by 87%. It’s price further cheapened how it's 11p cheaper to run per mile, it's tax-free and it's recharged for free! Electric cars are cheaper to run than gasoline cars, so why can’t we have an electric, cheap and prodigious car.

Of course, I haven’t pioneered electric cars but as a similar age to you guys I know that what I point out will be very appealing so another reason its the future is due to its lighting acceleration. As us students we dream of having a vehicle that’ll accelerate faster than a jet fighter. From this upcoming video it shows an incredible acceleration of the electric car Tesla Model 3 VS diesel Porsche Z06. Obviously, it's a fair point to hold as the acceleration is best suited for the future hence why electric cars are the future.

Moreover, “Why are Electric Cars the Future” is that they are as quiet as a still frozen grave. Everyone must hate when suddenly they surface out of their sleep due to a gasoline car's engine producing that brutal cacophony. Rest assured, that you won't need to endeavour through that hardship with electric cars as they are dead quiet.

Finally, the most important thing is sustainability. Not even a single drip of harmful chemicals is produced in electric cars whereas gasoline produces toxic gas. Tonnes and tonnes of it.

But, others like the principal of this school: Mr Taylor, doesn’t agree that “Electric Car will be the Future”of how: “Electricity is produced from power stations which equals the same amount of pollution that’s being produced. Not only that but there are other fuel source and we got a plethora of fuel to last at least a century”

To prove Mr Taylor is wrong, the USA in 2019 had their pollution rates have decreased by 40% just from 30% of their cars being Electric. If the USA were to have 100% of electric cars, just imagine how much pollution rates would dive down. Clearly he isn’t right.

Secondly, our fuel supply won’t last for 100 years. No. It's actually a disbelieving 39 years left. Half the time. It’s so paramount as we rely on cars so much for travelling, for shopping or even exploring. But, there’s only 39 years left for all petrol diesel cars to be as still as ice. We could use hydrogen or biofuel, as an alternative, but those disadvantages are way too heavier than the advantages. Electric Cars are the future strikingly safe, cost friendly, lightning acceleration, quiet as a still grave and sustainable. Why can’t it be the future!

I'm not completely against your arguments but:
1)What about the devastation caused outside the U.S when extracting the Lithium for the batteries?
2) What about the pollution outside the U.S when the said batteries are disposed of in some underdeveloped country?
3) What about the lack of charging spots available for those living in cities if all cars are electric? Not everyone has a garage or an assigned parking lot. It'll take decades for all on street parking spots to be equipped with charging points.
4) What about the rural commuter who travels to work and then can't find a charging spot in the rural town where he works and then doesn't have enough charge to get home?
5) What about the hybrid car that tops the pollution list with its fuel motor and lithium battery pack?
6) And what about the modest income group that can't afford to change their car but is going to be penalised for using his fuel consuming vehicle?
Original post by Nobody2u
I'm not completely against your arguments but:
1)What about the devastation caused outside the U.S when extracting the Lithium for the batteries?
2) What about the pollution outside the U.S when the said batteries are disposed of in some underdeveloped country?
3) What about the lack of charging spots available for those living in cities if all cars are electric? Not everyone has a garage or an assigned parking lot. It'll take decades for all on street parking spots to be equipped with charging points.
4) What about the rural commuter who travels to work and then can't find a charging spot in the rural town where he works and then doesn't have enough charge to get home?
5) What about the hybrid car that tops the pollution list with its fuel motor and lithium battery pack?
6) And what about the modest income group that can't afford to change their car but is going to be penalised for using his fuel consuming vehicle?

None of that matters at all you can literally make everything you say up on the spot, it’s a speaking assessment and you’re marked solely on your presentation nothing to do with the facts or what you’re actually saying
Original post by HannahGuys

If you ask me it may be a little too long, mine was much shorter and I got a distinction. I would consider removing a few discourse markers as going from finally back to secondly makes it seem quite jumbled almost as if you’re confused, you only need to speak for 3 minutes and then have 3 minutes worth of answering people’s questions but as I said before your grade will be solely based off of your body language, presentation so just remember to speak SLOWLY and CLEARLY ect
That being said it’s a vey good first draft and the knowledge is embedded very well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending