The Student Room Group

If i firm an offer can they change the grades?

So basically my offer right now is a standard offer but i was on the realising opportunities program so i should’ve got a lower offer. I’ve told the university and gave them proof i was on the program so i’m waiting for them to lower my offer. If i firm with my current standard offer can they still change it to a lower one after or do i have to wait until it’s changed to firm.
Original post by mxx454
So basically my offer right now is a standard offer but i was on the realising opportunities program so i should’ve got a lower offer. I’ve told the university and gave them proof i was on the program so i’m waiting for them to lower my offer. If i firm with my current standard offer can they still change it to a lower one after or do i have to wait until it’s changed to firm.

They can lower your offer conditions after firming yes.

(They can also increase them but only with your agreement if they’ve made a mistake - doesn’t happen often)
If you email to the Uni was more than a couple of weeks ago then its worth emailing the Uni again.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
If you email to the Uni was more than a couple of weeks ago then its worth emailing the Uni again.

I talked to them on the live chat at first and then they told me to email proof and that was 2 days ago. They’re usually very slow at replying though so i’m not sure when my offer will be lowered.
Hi which university and course did you not receive the adjusted offer for?
Reply 5
Original post by rehan786!
Hi which university and course did you not receive the adjusted offer for?

Warwick biomed
Well honestly, you must wait for the university to revise the offer before you accept the same. But if your deadline is nearing, you can always call/write to the department head/admissions team to look into it on the priority basis informing them that any delay might result in offer lapse.

Worst scenario, if they still do not change until the date of deadline, accept the offer (firm) and send an email to the university stating the same and requesting them to revise it asap.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Original post by Akankshaasthana
Well honestly, you must wait for the university to revise the offer before you accept the same. But if your deadline is nearing, you can always call/write to the department head/admissions team to look into it on the priority basis informing them that any delay might result in offer lapse.

Worst scenario, if they still do not change until the date of deadline, accept the offer (firm) and send an email to the university stating the same and requesting them to revise it asap.

I hope this helps.

No they don’t. If they have confirmation in writing that their offer will be revised down then they don’t need to wait to accept the offer.
Yes that’s the whole point. If the student has the email confirmation even then one can accept without any reservations.
Yes that’s the whole point. If the student has the email confirmation even then one can accept without any reservations.

They explained in the first post that they’ve been in contact with the university (about a week ago).

There’s no need for them to “wait for the university to revise the offer before you accept the same”
Reply 10

I hope this helps.

Yup thank you i got my new offer the other day before i ended up firming! I firmed today.
Original post by mxx454
Yup thank you i got my new offer the other day before i ended up firming! I firmed today.

Congratulation!

Wish you all the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending