The Student Room Group

MSc African Studies

Hello Everyone!

Here’s a thread for students in the Oxford MSc African studies. It is a small group but I think it will be nice to know everyone before meeting again in the fall 😊
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello everyone!

Good to be here. Any word about funding yet 😅
Original post by Iyanuloluwa
Hello everyone!

Good to be here. Any word about funding yet 😅

Hi everyone!

Nice to meet everyone! :smile: I asked about funding and I was told I wasn't nominated for any departmental funding :') But best of luck to y'all!
Are you guys definitely doing this program?
Original post by Livontheedge
Hi everyone!

Nice to meet everyone! :smile: I asked about funding and I was told I wasn't nominated for any departmental funding :') But best of luck to y'all!
Are you guys definitely doing this program?

Oh okay. I didn't know we were even privy to that information. Really hopeful to get a letter this week. I am definitely going for the programme.

Thank you !
Original post by Iyanuloluwa
Oh okay. I didn't know we were even privy to that information. Really hopeful to get a letter this week. I am definitely going for the programme.

Thank you !

You might want to email them and ask! I asked the Dr Miles Tendi :smile: I got an offer in January (November deadline) so thought I had a good shot at funding but alas, competition is fierce.

I'm not sure I'll be going for the programme myself as I prefer the Cambridge one more. I've heard some people are on the waitlist so hopefully they can get my spot!
Original post by Livontheedge
You might want to email them and ask! I asked the Dr Miles Tendi :smile: I got an offer in January (November deadline) so thought I had a good shot at funding but alas, competition is fierce.

I'm not sure I'll be going for the programme myself as I prefer the Cambridge one more. I've heard some people are on the waitlist so hopefully they can get my spot!

Oh really,

Thanks for the tip. I really am skeptical about emailing the department but I think I'll just email them to be clear on my funding options.

I wish you would still come to Oxford but it's all good. 😊 . Hopeful for the best.
Reply 6
Hey y’all, just thought I would give an update. I have withdrawn my acceptance from the MSc African studies program and will apply again next year. Hopefully, it opens up space for folks on the wait list.

All the best. 💖

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending