The Student Room Group

I stoppped attending uni, but didn’t officially withdraw.

Hi, I stopped attending uni in about December with the plan to get back on track before my Jan deadlines. Things didn’t happen that way, and I ended up missing my deadlines all year. It’s now almost the end of the academic year and I just received an email from the Uni asking me if I wanted to officially withdraw. I feel like I should because I didn’t do the work, however, I received my student finance only last week and like most students it went fully on my rent. So now I’m worried that student finance will ask the full amount back and won’t allow me to do a payment plan because I should have withdrawn earlier? I didn’t withdraw because I wanted to finish but life has just taken over.
Original post by Plymuni12345
Hi, I stopped attending uni in about December with the plan to get back on track before my Jan deadlines. Things didn’t happen that way, and I ended up missing my deadlines all year. It’s now almost the end of the academic year and I just received an email from the Uni asking me if I wanted to officially withdraw. I feel like I should because I didn’t do the work, however, I received my student finance only last week and like most students it went fully on my rent. So now I’m worried that student finance will ask the full amount back and won’t allow me to do a payment plan because I should have withdrawn earlier? I didn’t withdraw because I wanted to finish but life has just taken over.

Hi there, I advise you to read this leaflet http://ow.ly/d/8pcX which explains what happens when you withdraw.

If the university tell us you withdrew in December then you will be required to overpay some money. You will most likely be required to repay some money from your first payment as you withdrew before term 1 ended and you will most likely be required to pay all of the money you received after December as you were not studying.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, I advise you to read this leaflet http://ow.ly/d/8pcX which explains what happens when you withdraw.

If the university tell us you withdrew in December then you will be required to overpay some money. You will most likely be required to repay some money from your first payment as you withdrew before term 1 ended and you will most likely be required to pay all of the money you received after December as you were not studying.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi, even if I only officially withdraw now?

It all depends on what date the university told us you withdrew on. If they say you withdrew now then you will be entitled to funding up until now.
Thanks, Isaac

Original post by SFE Isaac
It all depends on what date the university told us you withdrew on. If they say you withdrew now then you will be entitled to funding up until now.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

and can you advise is everyone who hasn’t got the money available to pay back straight away able to do a payment plan?
Hi Isaac,

and can you advise is everyone who hasn’t got the money available to pay back straight away able to do a payment plan?

Any overpayment will automatically be recovered from future funding. If you don't study again then our collections department will call you and you can set up an affordable monthly payment plan.

You will not be asked to pay back everything instantly. You will not be asked to pay back what you can't afford.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending