The Student Room Group

Staff keep asking "what's up"?

It's really frustrating me now, I keep saying I am fine but they just keep coming to my room and asking what's up. I don't know why they are doing it like they won't leave me alone. I tried telling them they don't need to keep asking but the past week they have been asking.

My parents recently have split up and the college have been aware but ever since they keep asking what's up. I'm honestly not bothered about my parents divorcing and I have told them that but they still ask. They ask in front of everyone as well so it makes it more annoying, one staff member even mentioned about my parents splitting up and I had to tell them after lesson to not tell the class. People are going to think I'm depressed if staff keep asking what's up and there's nothing up with me I'm fine and I honestly couldn't care less about my parents splitting up. I don't know why they keep asking me what's up. The first and 2nd time was fine but then they kept asking and now it's just annoying.

Scroll to see replies

Is this who i think it is?
Reply 2
Original post by Rainbow_girl
Is this who i think it is?

No, I don't know who you are
oh, sorry.
Reply 4
oh, sorry.

It's cool
Reply 5
Wait, what? I'm confused - staff keep coming to your room? Are you at a private school?
don't ask them that.
Reply 7
don't ask them that.

Aimed at me?
yes.
Reply 9
Original post by Tw1x
Wait, what? I'm confused - staff keep coming to your room? Are you at a private school?

To my classroom
Reply 10
yes.

If you quoted me it might have made more sense. Why not?
because that is their personal business.
Reply 12
🤣🤣 Ha ok. Well I asked, I forgot your era is full of snowflakes
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
To my classroom

Have you said it makes you feel uncomfortable? Is that definitely the reason you think they are checking up on you?
Reply 14
They likely just want to make sure you're doing alright, parents divorcing can be very hard on some students. If it's making you uncomfortable, tell them so and that you're reach out if you come to need anything.
Original post by Tw1x

well, then.
Original post by Tw1x

I'm not a snowflake though, I'm feeling fine

Original post by Tw1x
Have you said it makes you feel uncomfortable? Is that definitely the reason you think they are checking up on you?

I just said I prefer not be asked all the time but I'll say it makes me uncomfortable
well, then.

This person is a well known troll btw
Original post by xDmochi
This person is a well known troll btw

No I'm not ffs
Original post by Anonymous
No I'm not ffs

The fact that you answered to your own post clearly proves you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending