The Student Room Group

Thoughts on restrictions getting relaxed?

I think it's good but we just need to hope it lasts. The negative part is that it probably isn't going to last but we got to stay positive I guess.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Not nown
I think it's good but we just need to hope it lasts. The negative part is that it probably isn't going to last but we got to stay positive I guess.

I hope it lasts.
It's been too long cooped up at home...

Just need the dummies who think it's okay to have a colossal, rule-decimating rave in a warehouse to realise that it's a very hazardous activity during a national lockdown and a global pandemic.
Reply 2
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
I hope it lasts.
It's been too long cooped up at home...

Just need the dummies who think it's okay to have a colossal, rule-decimating rave in a warehouse to realise that it's a very hazardous activity during a national lockdown and a global pandemic.

Hopefully it will last and ease more
I think the restrictions are being rolled back too soon and too fast. Lockdown not only saves lives but it also preserves nature.
Reply 4
Original post by Mixedberri3s
I think the restrictions are being rolled back too soon and too fast. Lockdown not only saves lives but it also preserves nature.

Ok

Lockdown is taking a lot of lives, and livelihood.

The suicide rate is sky high, the undiagnosed, and late diagnosed cancer statistics are awful to read, the neglect of the elderly in care homes because family cannot see them is saddening, the mental distress that is being caused is vile

The negatives of lockdown are proving to be way worse than the apparent positives

People who are medically unstable can shield if they want, but let people who want to go out, go out.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

The suicide rate is sky high, the undiagnosed, and late diagnosed cancer statistics are awful to read, the neglect of the elderly in care homes because family cannot see them is saddening, the mental distress that is being caused is vile

The negatives of lockdown are proving to be way worse than the apparent positives

People who are medically unstable can shield if they want, but let people who want to go out, go out.

Exactly, lockdown is deadly
Not anon this time?
Reply 8

Exactly, lockdown is deadly
Reply 9
Bump
Why is there a new thread about this every few days?
Reply 11
Original post by jenerous

I don't know. People are probably intrested
Original post by jenerous

It's the same person making these threads
Reply 13
It's the same person making these threads

Why are you anon

Thanks to the success of Lockdown 0 lives have been lost to flu.
There is a very small minority of mentally ill people who have ended their lives over the last year or so, however it would be a mistake to attribute this to lockdown. These people would likely have died regardless.

You can't keep a swimming lane piss free- either everyone needs to be locked down or no one needs to be locked down. Many of these clinically vulnerable people require frequent medical care, so total isolation is not viable.

In addition during lockdown, non-human animals are thriving- their lives matters too.
Thanks to the success of Lockdown 0 lives have been lost to flu.
There is a very small minority of mentally ill people who have ended their lives over the last year or so, however it would be a mistake to attribute this to lockdown. These people would likely have died regardless.

You can't keep a swimming lane piss free- either everyone needs to be locked down or no one needs to be locked down. Many of these clinically vulnerable people require frequent medical care, so total isolation is not viable.

In addition during lockdown, non-human animals are thriving- their lives matters too.

Lol really? Or has the flu deaths just been added to the covid death stats? Seems a bit weird that the flu has had 0 deaths all of a sudden

If you can use that argument about suicide - then I can easily say that all the elderly that have died from covid would have died regardless. Doesn't seem very nice thing to say does it?

And let's just lock all conscious-thinking humans inside for months so wild animals are happier? Nice
I think it should have ended with lockdown 2 to be honest man, 3rd lockdown and any other which may happen are all clown parties.
Reply 17
Original post by V℮rsions
I think it should have ended with lockdown 2 to be honest man, 3rd lockdown and any other which may happen are all clown parties.

I agree mate
Lol really? Or has the flu deaths just been added to the covid death stats? Seems a bit weird that the flu has had 0 deaths all of a sudden

If you can use that argument about suicide - then I can easily say that all the elderly that have died from covid would have died regardless. Doesn't seem very nice thing to say does it?

And let's just lock all conscious-thinking humans inside for months so wild animals are happier? Nice

Well, yes you could try to claim but unfortunately for you, the statistic simply don't back that statement up.

There is no concerted effort or conspiracy to conflate flu deaths with COVID deaths. I trust that NHS doctors are competent enough to distinguish between flu and COVID.

The future of the earth depends on these wild animals.
Well, yes you could try to claim but unfortunately for you, the statistic simply don't back that statement up.

There is no concerted effort or conspiracy to conflate flu deaths with COVID deaths. I trust that NHS doctors are competent enough to distinguish between flu and COVID.

The future of the earth depends on these wild animals.

You're so heartless lol and your attempt to pratronize me is cringe worthy

Please learn some critical thinking skills and empathy, and stop taking everything the government says as fact :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending