The Student Room Group

What to do if i fail my alevels

Hypothetically, if i don’t get the grades for uni what’re my options (APART from retaking)
Reply 1
If you won't retake but want to go to uni, then you'll have to either go through clearing to a uni with lower requirements, or find some alternative level 3 qualifications you can take that will get you into the unis you want.
I got CCD and got a masters in chemeng
Reply 3
Original post by Proxenus
I got CCD and got a masters in chemeng

oh damn well done, what uni?
Some unis offer foundation years those those are also an option.
Original post by 14t
oh damn well done, what uni?

Birmingham
Clearing, Foundation Years. If you're only a grade of your offer your uni may still accept you but it depends.
Reply 7
Original post by jemima0103
Clearing, Foundation Years. If you're only a grade of your offer your uni may still accept you but it depends.

my offer is in ucas points and i have i feeling i’m gonna miss it by 8 points do u think i still have a chance? my offer is already lower as i have extenuating circumstances
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 14t
Hypothetically, if i don’t get the grades for uni what’re my options (APART from retaking)

Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

If A-levels don't go to plan and your grades are not what you expect, you vcan firstly go into clearing and apply on results day to universities with spaces and requirements that match your grades.
Another option, is taking a foundation year at University. This is an extra year at University to cover previous knowledge of A-levels needed to study a certain degree.
Lastly, you can also ask for remarks or your exams.

I hope this helps
Ethan - UOP Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending