The Student Room Group

llb Law / Law with Politics adjustment 2021 HELP!

Hi!

I’m currently in year 13 studying economics, government & politics and psychology for A-levels.

I have applied to study law and have received all of my offers, however I deeply regret not applying to QMUL... my predicted grades are AAB (lower than their standard/typical A*AA entry requirements, so I’d probably get rejected if I did apply) however I wouldn’t mind studying llb law and politics instead, which has an entry requirement of AAA, and isn’t AS competitive.

I am quite confident I’ll achieve higher grades than the offer I’ve received from my firm choice which would make me eligible for adjustment, so would it be likely QMUL will accept me with AAB/ABB for law or law with politics??? I have a relatively strong personal statement, relevant work experience to the course and 12 decent GCSE grades. From what I’ve seen, they are one of the Russell group unis who does tend to go into clearing/adjustment most years but I don’t want to get my hopes too high as every year it differs :frown:
Are they in extra? If they are then send them an email and ask the question whether it would be competitive. If you are given the green light then apply through extra. The problem with clearing as that places at universities like QMUL fill up so quickly that it is very competitive at that point.
Original post by one_two_three
Are they in extra? If they are then send them an email and ask the question whether it would be competitive. If you are given the green light then apply through extra. The problem with clearing as that places at universities like QMUL fill up so quickly that it is very competitive at that point.

Hey

I’m not sure how to find it in extra for QMUL, I’ve managed to find the course through extra at other unis but I have no clue how to view it for this uni.
Original post by dokhtarirani
Hey

I’m not sure how to find it in extra for QMUL, I’ve managed to find the course through extra at other unis but I have no clue how to view it for this uni.

I would phone Admissions or email them and ask if they are participating in Extra and whether they would be able to make you an offer if they are. Tell them all your academic details.

Normally I would say there is a good chance they will be in Clearing/Adjustment but it’s less certain this year. If you end up getting AAA say, you may be better off taking a gap year than accepting a place at a uni you don’t really want to go to.
Original post by dokhtarirani
Hi!

I’m currently in year 13 studying economics, government & politics and psychology for A-levels.

I have applied to study law and have received all of my offers, however I deeply regret not applying to QMUL... my predicted grades are AAB (lower than their standard/typical A*AA entry requirements, so I’d probably get rejected if I did apply) however I wouldn’t mind studying llb law and politics instead, which has an entry requirement of AAA, and isn’t AS competitive.

I am quite confident I’ll achieve higher grades than the offer I’ve received from my firm choice which would make me eligible for adjustment, so would it be likely QMUL will accept me with AAB/ABB for law or law with politics??? I have a relatively strong personal statement, relevant work experience to the course and 12 decent GCSE grades. From what I’ve seen, they are one of the Russell group unis who does tend to go into clearing/adjustment most years but I don’t want to get my hopes too high as every year it differs :frown:

OMG I RELATE SM hi hi hi ,
I firmed York uni for the law LLB a couple weeks ago but ever since I regret not applying to a London uni. I’m predicted AAA but I’m working towards higher grades + I’ve done an EPQ. I was interested in applying to do law and politics at QMUL as well , as I know I’d be so so much happier living closer to home and in London because I love it there ! My GCSES are 77776655 one of the 5’s being in maths so I just about hit the GCSE requirements. I want to apply in adjustment but it’s so late notice so should I email them and ask if they’d accept me before removing my firm choice ? HELP
Original post by Florabea13
OMG I RELATE SM hi hi hi ,
I firmed York uni for the law LLB a couple weeks ago but ever since I regret not applying to a London uni. I’m predicted AAA but I’m working towards higher grades + I’ve done an EPQ. I was interested in applying to do law and politics at QMUL as well , as I know I’d be so so much happier living closer to home and in London because I love it there ! My GCSES are 77776655 one of the 5’s being in maths so I just about hit the GCSE requirements. I want to apply in adjustment but it’s so late notice so should I email them and ask if they’d accept me before removing my firm choice ? HELP

You can't apply via Adjustment until you actually have your A level grades in August.

Extra is different - for Extra you can apply now but will have to give up any offers you hold. So don't even think about doing that unless the uni you want to go to has given you an assurance that they will be able to give you an offer.
Original post by harrysbar
You can't apply via Adjustment until you actually have your A level grades in August.

Extra is different - for Extra you can apply now but will have to give up any offers you hold. So don't even think about doing that unless the uni you want to go to has given you an assurance that they will be able to give you an offer.

Yes that’s my issue ! I’d only be able to apply to adjustment in august and that would be a month prior to starting uni so hence late notice
With extra , should I email the law faculty at QMUL and give them my academic information or just ask for their assurance I’d get an offer , would they say they’d give me an offer just in an email ??
Original post by Florabea13
Yes that’s my issue ! I’d only be able to apply to adjustment in august and that would be a month prior to starting uni so hence late notice
With extra , should I email the law faculty at QMUL and give them my academic information or just ask for their assurance I’d get an offer , would they say they’d give me an offer just in an email ??

No QMUL Admissions wouldn't definitely say they would give you an offer - they would need to see your UCAS form first before making you a definite offer (and they can only see your UCAS form if you apply to them). But they could give you a good indication - they could tell you that you have the academic profile they are looking for in terms of grades, predicted grades etc. There is an element of risk when using Extra, that is a difference to Adjustment.

You could try emailing QMUL with your details and see what they say. If they sound positive enough and you decide you do want to use Extra, you could try asking your current unis if they would be able to give you another offer if you decline your current offers. They may agree to do this, but no guarantees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending