St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Olave's Grammar School?

Does anyone go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone go?

ive got a conditional offer to go there and the evening today, but i don't go there
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by sh.a
ive got a conditional offer to go there and the evening today, but i don't go there

Same :smile:
Reply 3
well done! whereabouts do you go now? id say pm me but i havent been active long enough yet
Reply 4
Original post by sh.a
well done! whereabouts do you go now? id say pm me but i havent been active long enough yet

I go to The Rochester Grammar School. I'll try and pm you in a few days then! If you're not on it already, there's another thread called 'st olaves entrance exam 2021' where there are other prospective students
Reply 5
I go to The Rochester Grammar School. I'll try and pm you in a few days then! If you're not on it already, there's another thread called 'st olaves entrance exam 2021' where there are other prospective students

Whoops, just saw you're already on it!
Reply 6

tysmm hopefully i see u next year then
Reply 7
Original post by sh.a
tysmm hopefully i see u next year then

Yes! What subjects are you taking?
Reply 8
Does anyone go?

i go to newstead, we're quite integrated w olaves so I'm sure you'll get to know some newsteads too
Reply 9
Yes! What subjects are you taking?

physics maths art and AS economics wbu?
Reply 10
Original post by Buevrim
i go to newstead, we're quite integrated w olaves so I'm sure you'll get to know some newsteads too

are you gonna go olaves too then?
Original post by sh.a
physics maths art and AS economics wbu?

I'm also taking economics, as well as Eng lit, RS and history
Original post by sh.a
are you gonna go olaves too then?

no i’m acc in yr13 at newstead
Reply 13
I’m a year 13 student here at olaves, I transferred here from newstead. If you have any questions feel free to ask!:smile:
Original post by M-1235
I’m a year 13 student here at olaves, I transferred here from newstead. If you have any questions feel free to ask!:smile:

Hi, thanks! Firstly, what subjects do you take? I was also wondering what the general atmosphere is like. I’ve heard it’s quite unwelcoming and the guys can be quite unfriendly. Also how is Olave’s compared to Newstead in your opinion? I have offers for both but almost certainly am going to go with St Olave’s due to their results
Reply 15
Hi, thanks! Firstly, what subjects do you take? I was also wondering what the general atmosphere is like. I’ve heard it’s quite unwelcoming and the guys can be quite unfriendly. Also how is Olave’s compared to Newstead in your opinion? I have offers for both but almost certainly am going to go with St Olave’s due to their results

Original post by M-1235

Hii like the other person said is it hard to make friends and is the sexual harassment cases and teachers doing nothing about it true? also do the new stead and olaves sixth form work together?
Original post by M-1235

Sorry just one more question - how many hours of homework and revision combined are you expected to do per week on average?
Reply 17

Heyy! I’m currently taking maths bio chem for a levels and did Econ for AS. I would say that the general atmosphere at olaves is definitely intense and can be quite hard at some times, but generally if you find a good group of friends you’ll be fine:smile:. IMO ik a lot of people who would go back to newstead if they had the option again( although newstead has it own downfalls which is another topic of discussion). I would say don’t just go to olaves for the results because I can promise you it not as black and white as it may seem. I would suggest you go to both offer holder days to give yourself a better idea of which one you like better. Make sure you pick the one that makes you feel happy, because grades are not the most important bit of school, and you want to be in an environment that suits you! Hope this helps!!
Anymore questions feel free to ask
Reply 18
Original post by sh.a
Hii like the other person said is it hard to make friends and is the sexual harassment cases and teachers doing nothing about it true? also do the new stead and olaves sixth form work together?

Heya! I transferred to olaves from newstead, so making friends wasn’t that hard for me, as I did have friends coming with me to olaves. Regarding if the sixth forms work together- the answer is no, it’s quite the opposite actually, they do completely different specs for lots of subjects. Regarding the allegations, I can’t say too much I’m afraid, though I will say the students are working with teachers in this department.
anymore questions feel free to ask! :h:
Reply 19
Sorry just one more question - how many hours of homework and revision combined are you expected to do per week on average?

I acc got quite blessed on this front, and wasn’t bombarded with homework for my entire time at olaves, though I will say lockdown work was quite hefty( but you won’t need to worry about this hopefully). My other friends tho have been saying that the workload has been a lot , and seeing their planners I can agree. There definitely was a point at which tests started raining down on you I think I had 3 in the space of 3 days:frown:.
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending