The Student Room Group

Age gaps

Would you say a 19 year old female dating a 28 year old man is weird?
Yes
Reply 2
I don't see why someone that age would be interested in a teenager :hmmmm: It gives the impression that he's interested in young girls and is just picking the closest available legal option to be honest...
Reply 3
Original post by Interea
I don't see why someone that age would be interested in a teenager :hmmmm: It gives the impression that he's interested in young girls and is just picking the closest available legal option to be honest...

the closest legal age available is 16 :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
the closest legal age available is 16 :rolleyes:

True, I meant available as in "the youngest that specific guy could find" :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

It's not that common, but not "weird" either..

both are adults at the end of the day..
How did you two meet can I ask? was it just a friendship that turned into something else ? I mean my friend was 17/18 when she started dating a much older guy however they are happy together with a kid now so it varies
Not weird. :smile:
It is fine- as long as nothing illegal is going on, everything is consensual and both people are happy together.
As a 16-17 year old, the oldest guys I dated were in their 50s and 60s.
I’m sure it’s not uncommon.
Reply 9
It is not usual, but not weird. Do what you please, it is your relationship, not anyone here's.
It's only weird if you think it's weird.
Original post by Anonymous

Nope, it's not weird. It's not something you hear of everyday, but it's not odd. Don't worry about people thinking it's weird or what they think at all, just do you x
It’s a weird double standard .

If you were 38 and he was 48 nobody would give a toss. But because you are a teenager still people lose their **** .

At your age you can smoke , drink , join the army and fight in wars . If you want to date a guy 10 years olds than you crack on .
Original post by Lxttie02
How did you two meet can I ask? was it just a friendship that turned into something else ? I mean my friend was 17/18 when she started dating a much older guy however they are happy together with a kid now so it varies

we met via mutuals friends! That’s so nice to hear about your friend, at first i didn’t really think much of the age gap but the more people found out the more i felt people were judging and gossiping as if it’s not “acceptable”
Yes it's weird. I'm 17 and I would only date a guy within a year of my age.
Reply 15
Not weird no, both legal consenting adults who cares? I spent from 19-26 with a guy late 30s/early 40s, age didn't even come into it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending